Notices

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
I would propose another version of the lockslider. I kinda got bored with the previous one that I submitted.

AWOKEN: Highway to Darkness

I would like to inform that I would be inactive till Saturday as I have my Exams. In the meantime, !!!ENJOY!!!

Best Regards,
Attached Files
File Type: zip AWOKEN II.zip (213.5 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by fareed_xtreme; 2011-04-05 at 16:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fareed_xtreme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
I like it. Couple of things.

1) New minimize button is good.
2) You left green as the color for the colour surrounding titles etc.
3 Would prefer that the color of the indicator for brightness applet etc matched the highlight.
4) Purple could be a little darker and more to the gray side. I made that change on my version but didnt update here - I should have.
5) Note sure how I feel about the hex pattern on the backgrounds. will see how I feel after a day
You wouldn't mind doing a screeny on the 2 and 3? I actually did nr 4 first.. but wanted to test this lighter one a bit further. I am not sure what i prefer at this state.. the longer i use the lighter the better it feels. But will probably switch back to the darker grayish purple.

I will also remake the edit button...

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Originally Posted by fareed_xtreme View Post
I would propose another version of the lockslider. I kinda got bored with the previous one that I submitted.

AWOKEN: Highway to Darkness

I would like to inform that I would be inactive till Saturday as I have my Exams. In the meantime, !!!ENJOY!!!

Best Regards,
Not bad... not bad at all. This will go little better with the current wallpaper theme too. I will see how it looks with some "enhancements" to come closer to the wallpaper theme, but possibly it will work either way.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Not bad... not bad at all. This will go little better with the current wallpaper theme too. I will see how it looks with some "enhancements" to come closer to the wallpaper theme, but possibly it will work either way.
Created this theme after the new update. felt like the old one was not going too well with the new wallpaper edits. however, after my exams, i'm planning to make another one that is abstract. IMO, the lockslider background must be abstract-ish if the wallpapers actually are something scenic. This one goes quite well, but i do wanna make one more Abstract type which will actually look quite simple, so that it adds richness to the theme. Thanks for your feedback and if you have any idea, or opinion, do let me know.

Created this theme after the new update. felt like the old one was not going too well with the new wallpaper edits. however, after my exams, i'm planning to make another one that is abstract. IMO, the lockslider background must be abstract-ish if the wallpapers actually are something scenic. This one goes quite well, but i do wanna make one more Abstract type which will actually look quite simple, so that it adds richness to the theme. Thanks for your feedback and if you have any idea, or opinion, do let me know.
Ok, i'll be waiting for that one. I got sources if you want? The files are in Gimp XCF but i think i could convert them to PSD if needed.

Ok, i'll be waiting for that one. I got sources if you want? The files are in Gimp XCF but i think i could convert them to PSD if needed.
I'd Appreciate if you could PM me the PSD's. What I am aiming is a simple lockslider that can be used in portrait mode also. The benefit would be that this may end up as the first portrait Lockslider supported theme.So you can imagine the Hype :P. Just give me time till saturday, will get to work on Sunday.

The Following User Says Thank You to fareed_xtreme For This Useful Post:
I'd Appreciate if you could PM me the PSD's. What I am aiming is a simple lockslider that can be used in portrait mode also. The benefit would be that this may end up as the first portrait Lockslider supported theme.So you can imagine the Hype :P. Just give me time till saturday, will get to work on Sunday.
Cool! That will give me little more time to work on the other things. I'll PM you.. It is a rather big 20MB file. I don't know how good the conversion will be.. hopefully it will work alright

I am currently switching from Ubuntu Unity to Gnome3. It looks like i might ending up with Fedora.. It will probably not take more than a couple of hours to test out all the different setups. So will probably not be doing any updates to day.

Cool! That will give me little more time to work on the other things. I'll PM you.. It is a rather big 20MB file. I don't know how good the conversion will be.. hopefully it will work alright
Well, I opened the file as such and it seemed to be one huge wallpaper :P. I couldn't change anything at all. However, I couldn't resist myself and went about making a few changes to the lockslider, HAM and Media Player as per your request.

Lockslider
Awoken III Shade of Darkness

This lockslider supports both Landscape and Portrait mode. Took more than 3 hoursto get this right but wasworthit. Do let me know yourviews and any comments if possible. (Requires CSSU)

Application Manager (HAM)
Chrome 2

One of my previous wallpaper's. Seemed to go very very well with this theme.

Media Player
Credits to ZVOGT

A Little additional rendering for matching this theme.

Download This Link will expire in 30 days. (DepositFiles)

I think its time to get the ".deb" ready for this and to post it into the repositories. Its a huge Success.

Best Regards,

Last edited by fareed_xtreme; 2011-04-08 at 18:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fareed_xtreme For This Useful Post:
Have been busy IRL but still done some work on the theme... i am trying to get it ready for repos ASAP. Changing the most visual things.. tweaked the TaskSwitcher button a bit further and are pretty content with it now.. also the EditButton.