Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Also there will be doxygen docs.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admiral0 For This Useful Post:
I have a little problem with this application.
After installation and reboot the passwords for all accounts were deleted. Then I remove this app but still after every reboot phone ask me for passwords. I tried to delete all accounts and put them back in. But still after reboot are all passwords gone.

Pls for help because this problem is very annoying.

SW:PR1.1 (20.2011.40-4.313.1_PR_313)

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
I may have found a bug.

Always after connecting the N9 to USB as mass storage the info will not be updated anymore. I think, maybe because connecting N9 in USB mass storage mode let the filesystem become read-only and this somehow confuses your app?

Did anyone else encounter the same problem?

@matevz It's not lpsmagic's fault. http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=470 It's not even triggered by lpsmagic as it doesn't touch accounts API. It's completely unrelated.

@naytsyrhc I need more details please. If you could run lpsmagic from terminal and send me the output i would have some more clues.

The Following User Says Thank You to admiral0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by admiral0 View Post
@naytsyrhc I need more details please. If you could run lpsmagic from terminal and send me the output i would have some more clues.
Ok. I tried to run lpsmagic from terminal and I tried also to run it as root. Both times I got following error:

File "/usr/bin/lpsmagic", line 184, in <module> currentImg_g=refresh(currentImg_g)
File "/usr/bin/lpsmagic", line 136, in refresh refreshImage(path2_swap)
[...]
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PIL/Image.py", Line 1433, in save fp=__builtin__.open(fp, "wb")
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/tmp/lowpower2.png'

Sorry, that I had to truncate error message with [...] but I think it's clear what is wrong here. And I had to type the error message by hand as I could not copy it from N9 to desktop PC. Maybe there are some type-o's in error message as well, but I hope you'll find the problem.

Thanks a lot in advance

run only as user otherwise permissions get screwed up. This error log shows that file has been created as a different user. You need to reboot and run only as user.

while i am eagerly and impatiently awaiting 2.0, i have some generic questions about the nature of lpsmagic.

1) low-power-S-magic? low-powers-magic? low-power-sandwich-magic? low-power-magick-shmagick?

2) ideally, i would like to just have the operator logo, incorporating the time and notifications into it, in a spidery, taller, typeface.

do you know whether having a sufficiently large, mostly black, or otherwise hacked up oplogo can reliably hide the time without pushing itself off the screen?

3) brightness. do you have any control over it in lp mode?
if so, id like brightness to be a function on ambient light, charging state, and whether its past my bedtime, updated only when the image changes. i imagine writing a plugin for it.

4) color. first, can you have color in an oplogo? and if so:
since there are so many green subpixels, would it be easier to distinguish if it was just green?
would it save any power? {is each subpixel an led?}
could it increase burnout or decrease color acuity in a non-uniform manor?

5) license. gplv2? v3? v3+? public {read-only} repo? contributors? id patch that.

Originally Posted by wolke View Post
while i am eagerly and impatiently awaiting 2.0, i have some generic questions about the nature of lpsmagic.

1) low-power-S-magic? low-powers-magic? low-power-sandwich-magic? low-power-magick-shmagick?
Low power screen magic. But i like the way you think. Consider that in py version there is a shlaunch function for pure fonetic delight.

2) ideally, i would like to just have the operator logo, incorporating the time and notifications into it, in a spidery, taller, typeface.

do you know whether having a sufficiently large, mostly black, or otherwise hacked up oplogo can reliably hide the time without pushing itself off the screen?
I should eventually take a deeper look at the css, but i never have enough time. It is theoretically possible though.

3) brightness. do you have any control over it in lp mode?
if so, id like brightness to be a function on ambient light, charging state, and whether its past my bedtime, updated only when the image changes. i imagine writing a plugin for it.
I don't control brightness, but writing and extending lpsmagic this way will be possible (if sysuid daemon doesn't get in the way setting its brightness ).

4) color. first, can you have color in an oplogo? and if so:
since there are so many green subpixels, would it be easier to distinguish if it was just green?
would it save any power? {is each subpixel an led?}
could it increase burnout or decrease color acuity in a non-uniform manor?
Yes, you actually can. You can define default background and foreground color in 2.0 via config (ini). Afaik every subpixel is a led, but i haven't tested any other color yet 'cause i like plain white.

5) license. gplv2? v3? v3+? public {read-only} repo? contributors? id patch that.
Initially i'll roll out alphas and betas only to donors and ones interested in writing plugins, but as headers say it will be released under GPLv3 when is ready.

Donors will have read-only access to my git repo till 2.0 is released. When it's mature i'll drop it on ovi store for 1€ (and probably make a UI for configuring) and sources will be available for everybody under GPL.

Btw, i'm documenting every public function that is available for plugins and intend writing microexamples as Qt docs do.

I am keeping the bin for myself now because i encountered some trouble with aegis and dbus and it does not currently work as expected.

@wolke you can find me on freenode, #harmattan evenings@CET

Last edited by admiral0; 2012-02-23 at 18:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admiral0 For This Useful Post:
Did PR 1.2 break this for anyone else?

i haven't tried reinstalling. I'm not sure if I should...

Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
Did PR 1.2 break this for anyone else?
Yes, it's broken for me too! Reinstall don't help.