Closed Thread
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
nice to see a working demo client, just a question from the noob side, how much time will it take to develop a formal client for N9-N900?

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by phpXpert View Post
Hello Tarek
Well done, What you have done is really great.
Can you please share the login code with me
Are you communicating to their xmpp server using normal XML or using binary data?
The login code is almost an exact copy of the java code, translated into python. I'm going to share the code eventually, but not yet.
As for communication with the server, XML stanzas are binary encoded before being sent, and received data are decoded into XML stanzas.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Is success finally within reach?
Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
nice to see a working demo client, just a question from the noob side, how much time will it take to develop a formal client for N9-N900?
Right now it's only a matter of completing the UI. And I think this will be real soon

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by voancea View Post
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Do you think would it be possible to register with for example 000 000 000 number (or wichever not existing mobile number in my country) and never give my real number to whatsapp inc?
You can go and install google talk, skype and Extraplugins for Accounts UI
Yes I know, I already use gtalk and with transports facebook-chat and msn in gtalk (saving battery by connecting just to 1 and not to three accounts). But I am talking about Whatsapp and his privacy policy. I would like to use it (because my friends do) but only if I can do that without giving them my real mobile number.

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Yes I know, I already use gtalk and with transports facebook-chat and msn in gtalk (saving battery by connecting just to 1 and not to three accounts). But I am talking about Whatsapp and his privacy policy. I would like to use it (because my friends do) but only if I can do that without giving them my real mobile number.
So you trust whatsapp with your private conversations and your whole address book, but not with your mobile number?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
Right now it's only a matter of completing the UI. And I think this will be real soon
Bravo tgalal! You are the Hero of Harmattan.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
nice! is there any challenge at the login (how are we going to login, with what password)??

looking forward to have this!

Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
The login code is almost an exact copy of the java code, translated into python. I'm going to share the code eventually, but not yet.
As for communication with the server, XML stanzas are binary encoded before being sent, and received data are decoded into XML stanzas.

Whats the point of binary coding (I'm assuming this is base64) the stanzas first?

Are you sure it's not just GZIP compression?

BTW - impressed with the client, it looks basic, but impressive non-the-less.

EDIT:: Google talk video calling is also available on the ovi store.

Last edited by rash.m2k; 2012-03-01 at 08:41.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Perú.
tgalal, I might just buy a ticket to Egipt and kiss you!

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Will this end as a proper Pidgin or IM plugin, or do we go the Android/iOS route with individual "apps" for every function/service? (not that i will use it, just curious if there's a change in approach for Maemo)

Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls