Nokia is now where it must be to have any chance of coming back. It is WP and S40. Meltemi was probably nice from a geeky point of view, but it was a dead end already from the start. A dream with no ties to reality.

WP is a disaster at the moment. Windows 8 is a disaster and so will WP8 be.

I don't have any hopres for Nokia now. They ade in the right position, but MS will fail to deliver an OS that people like. I still hope for Nokias sake I am wrong, but it is looking bad.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The future is bright for nokia! Can't get worse.

Yeah I guess with meltemi elop was just throwing the Linux/Qt guys a bone to keep them quiet for a while. At least that's the way it looks from the outside.

Now its all wp and "who knows what comes out of the labs". So will nokia sell trolltech (that's what they should be called) now? Hopefully to some company who is commited to open source...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
on the conference call, the new cfo says that selling patents will be an option Nokia will look into...sad day where all the good people are being made redundant for 1 person's EGO!!!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
It's a sad day for Nokia.

Elop has destroyed one of the largest mobile companies on the planet. He's going to do it in less than 2 years. That's got to be a world record.

The worst thing is that doesnt' appear as though he is incompetent, he's doing it on purpose.
He doesnt cre about our opinion. He will get alot of cash from Microsoft when W8 tablets and WP8 success.

Q2 2013 we will be back in they nineteen when Microsoft+Intel killed Atari and Amiga and forced everyone runing Windows

No its the same Nokia+Microsoft will kill Android because of nasty patents and alot of money feeded to SOC companys like Texas and Quilcom etc...

The future is bright for nokia! Can't get worse.
Microsoft's smart(gl)*** to the rescue.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
http://crackberry.com/nokia-announce...-functionality

This is what they get for 10000 employees

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
http://crackberry.com/nokia-announce...-functionality

This is what they get for 10000 employees
Swedish startup, Blackberry app and swedish engineers.

Looks like Elop's plan is to destroy the Swedish high tech industry next. Be prepared my Nordic sisters and brothers. It only takes a short ferry ride and that fat canadian bastard is over there.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
Lol the #Elopocalypse was delayed, not averted.

They have nothing left. Unless they somehow come out with a phone that can produce orgasms when you touch it, they won't be coming back from this.

I think Microsoft may find Windows 8 to be a flop, which leaves WP with nothing. I don't know who in the hell greenlit Metro and Live Tiles, but they need to be smacked in the head. Overly restrictive design paradigm that is barely useable that is going to be shoved down our throats as the primary UI for their PCs. What?!?!?! Tablets I get, Desktop PCs and laptops??? And don't say classic desktop, it was barely useable when W8 made its first appearance and has been sidelined and made less functional with every release. I may have to make the switch over to Linux distro as my primary OS
General non geeks are stupid followers so yes with ALOT marketing from Microsoft WP and W8 wíll sucess!

(History has showed it several times....

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
Everyone knows that there is a deal with Microsoft and that Microsoft is sinking in money into Nokia to see if they can get a foot in the door of the Mobile market.

http://online.wsj.com/video/nokia-st...B0DB2B2C7.html

If it wasn't for Microsoft's "huge" financial backing Elop's strategy would have killed Nokia already. So, yes it is a partnership. Nokia helps Microsoft, Microsoft helps Nokia. But, the risk for Nokia is much higher since it means all or nothing. Microsoft could be badly hurt by a failed Nokia, but it will likely survive. Unless, of course, Microsft is determined to make Nokia + Windows Phone succeed and keeps sinking money into the black hole.
Agreed. Microsoft can survive without Nokia but, windows phone would have tough times without Nokia.

Tags
downward_spiral, fu_flop, memories