Active Topics

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MaddogG View Post

I thought it was thanks to Valve...

Valve: "Why Ubuntu? There are a couple of reasons for that. First, we’re just starting development and working with a single distribution is critical when you are experimenting, as we are. It reduces the variability of the testing space and makes early iteration easier and faster. Secondly, Ubuntu is a popular distribution and has recognition with the general gaming and developer communities. This doesn’t mean that Ubuntu will be the only distribution we support. Based on the success of our efforts around Ubuntu, we will look at supporting other distributions in the future." (http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/linux/)

and i don't like when people from other distros fights... I orgininally came from Pinguy Os , but now the Ubuntu is very good and i love it. Linux has to go out and feel the air (meet the normal people, not only geeks) and Canolica showing the way, i think.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Victor Palau*said 17 minutes ago
Hi all,Thanks a lot for your comments. We are going to make some changes today. We’ll keep you posted.

Victor is answering questions in the chat. I wonder what kind of changes he is talking about? let's hope they lower the number to get this project going. Stay tuned for the change.

Maybe they through in a keyboard, mouse to make it a real computer. That would be cool too.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ub...dge?c=comments

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Hum does not sound great : they change it again. New perks appearing between the 600$ and the 830$ option.
Success is not guaranteed at all so trying to attract more people by lowering the price and using the same trick as with the 600$ deal=limited number of people by perks...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Tats not a trick, they are using the donations to fund different perks. It's how business works, nothing special about that since the common goal for all is to see this happen.

Ubuntu edge has created fastest crowed funding ever. Even so they now down att 8000 per hour and that is too low. At the same time this shows what a tremendous support Ubuntu has.

Incredible!

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-07-24 at 11:25.

Still I think that they do not have a chance to get 32 m.
Especially if I look at the very low ammount of 20$ perks.

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Still I think that they do not have a chance to get 32 m.
Especially if I look at the very low ammount of 20$ perks.
No, they don't. But amazing things can happen. And even if they don't get the money now they can keep working since they know they have ground breaking support.

My initial guess was 10m and that is a pretty decent number.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Just look how many people who want to see this happen. It's a cool dream... With a true mobile computer.
That's all this is, a dream.

To make the device that Ubuntu are talking about a reality would require a heck of a lot more than $30 million.

Not necessarily, this business is about scale. But could also get other investors and when they show potential. But yeah, de device is ahead of its time and a few things has not yet been introduced in consumer devices. It's a dream, but that is where all great things start.

Do you think Mr Google glass thought Google would be what it is today when the started a small search engine in a basement? I'm sure they had a dream and same with Ubuntu and jolla. Why be so narrow sighted. Must be boring.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
are there any informative links which tell us which bits of this phone will be closed? or is it all fully open?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ub...e?c=pledgesBtw new perks...
1250 devices for $625

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-07-24 at 12:44.