Originally Posted by girishpadia View Post
My Whatsup stopped working before few days. Day before yesterday I tried to register my number on anther device through WhatsApp official client and it displayed a message that "My number is banned by whatsapp". I was using my number for personal use only. Anyone else have similar issue?
I got banned from whatsapp once i tried to create a group. i sent them a mail telling them just that and I got a reply that I was banned because I was using a 3rd party app to access. They unblocked it for the moment but I guess I would not bother to try to register with WU again if I want to keep using their service. That's all from my part.

Last edited by pett; 2016-02-18 at 13:54.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
the group messages are re-working for me since 5 minutes ago, what's happened?

edit: they don't work anymore

Last edited by claustn; 2016-02-18 at 19:02.

Just a note for you guys ... a few days ago I got banned from Whatsapp. I was using whatsup on my Sailfish phone, but i was still switching phones regularly, and swapped my sim back into my BB10, registered whatsapp again, then switched back to whatsup a few minutes later. I couldnt log in and got 'Error', then when I tried on BB10 again it told me my account was disabled and I could email support.

I emailed them, and later that day they re-enabled my account. Im not sure if it was the use of whatsup, or the suspicious re-activating that triggered the ban, but this was the response .... im not gonna risk another ban, so its telegram on sfos for now!
---------

We apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this may have caused. Our system flagged your account activity as a violation of our Terms of Service and subsequently banned your number.

To ensure access, please reverify your number with our official WhatsApp client, which can be downloaded from our website: www.whatsapp.com/download

Please note that we do not provide support for unofficial clients or for jailbroken/rooted (including emulators), and unsupported devices.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I used WhatsApp on sfdroid to test Whatsup and Yappari group messages fir the last two weeks. Yappari is still okidoki for me but Whatsup doesn't recieve everything send to it.

Last edited by jellyroll; 2016-02-18 at 21:26. Reason: Wrong thread.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
The groups works okey for me with Whatsup, no problem at all.

My whatsup is not even working
Any one else facing this problem

Well, Finallyyy it is

The Following User Says Thank You to jasmyv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Finland
Did some testing yesterday with iphone 5s running ios 9.2.1 and discovered a temporary fix to the 'not receiving messages from iphone users' -issue. Here's what I did:

Create a group between iphone user and whatsup user using iphone to do this. After receiving a message in this group, you are able to receive private messages as well and you can delete this group afterwards. So far this seems to work.

So maybe send a text to your iphone friend asking him / her to create a group that has you and your friend in it. If this works, you can delete this group afterwards.

Good luck!

Same case here.
I recieve messages from Symbian^3, Android, SailfishOS but not from windows or ios.
From ios I recieve messages in groups, but not from windows.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pras4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Germany
I can confirm that. the same with me...

Tags
cepi rocks, cepiperez, harmattan, whatsapp, whatsup