Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pasko View Post
Hi.
I also thought about it
Here you go.
This looks similar (in the sense that stops at one point with no kernel panic...)
I'll check the ubiboot kernel command lines to see if there's something wrong.

Regards.
Looking at the SailfishOS logfile, it actually seems it boots correctly to initialize the system. I bet if you had also the RxD line connected to your serial dongle you could actually login as root.

Does the screen still show nothing when you boot to SailfishOS?
What about if you connect the USB cable to a computer, does it make any difference? What gets recognized in the PC side when you try that?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Now, the thing that should follow the point where your device hangs is the timeout of the OMAP i2c bus 2 controller, followed by initialization of the RGB-LED driver lp5521.
One way forward would be now to check from kernel sources what's happening at that point in initialization, maybe add some more debug and try again, to see if the exact hangpoint can be found]
I compiled a test kernel with some more printouts around the suspect areas to find what happens in the hanging.

The kernel image is here: http://www.swagman.org/juice/debug_f...32_l2fix_debug (md5sum=6218bd1c976d66bed03044f5ee19d0c6)
Modules to go are here: http://www.swagman.org/juice/debug_f...fl61_debug.tar (md5sum=302dce1c409ac3200c2ce3d45c702863)

You need to untar the modules under your Harmattan /lib/modules, but there's no need to depmod them, I already built the dependencies.
Then, boot up the kernel with ubiboot and check with serial console what it looks like.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.
After a few more tests and a lot of time spent, I decided to sell the thing for parts. I ran out of time &patience....
Should someone be interested, you can see the auction here:
http://m.ebay.es/itm/291147632821?nav=SEARCH

I`m sorry but I can`t test the new kernel Juiceme has just posted.

Thankyou specially to Juiceme for his brilliant support, I didn`t expect to learn & hack as much as I did with his help.
Regards.

Originally Posted by pasko View Post
Hi.
After a few more tests and a lot of time spent, I decided to sell the thing for parts. I ran out of time &patience....
Should someone be interested, you can see the auction here:
http://m.ebay.es/itm/291147632821?nav=SEARCH

I`m sorry but I can`t test the new kernel Juiceme has just posted.

Thankyou specially to Juiceme for his brilliant support, I didn`t expect to learn & hack as much as I did with his help.
Regards.
Oh dear, I kind of hoped we'd crack this with your aid.
Too bad, I hope you'll be getting a Jolla or a Neo900 as a replacement device

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Hi.
Sure, the only restriction will be: WP , IOS or Android are excluded.
Sincerely, thank you for your help..

Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Hi!

I proudly changed my system (preinits, ubiboot files) from the preconfigured Harmattan/Sailfish dual-boot to real ubiboot-multiboot.
I did not reflash my device!

Harmattan works perfectly like before, Nitdroid boots also.

Sailfish used to work greatly in previous configuration, but now suffers missing a port of the screen, 2cm to the right, leaving a black margin. Moreover, it is unusably lagging responsive now, and screen does not turn off. Kernel is the same i used previously!

See also appended picture.

I just realized that Harmattan shows a black screen only after boot, but it worked the first time after performing the modifications.
I noticed once after starting ubiboot in maintenance mode and booting into Harmattan, it switched of regularly, i.e. the front light on for some seconds.

kindly check my log, dmesg and ini files!

I was also wondering how to access the kernel loading location from ubiboot maintenance mode. There is rootfs/boot holding my Harmattan and Nitdroid kernel. However, the ubiboot.conf points to a different location?!

Thank you VERY MUCH for going to help!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ubiboot.log.txt (3.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: zip ubiboot.dmesg.zip (10.1 KB, 69 views)
File Type: txt ubiboot.conf.txt (12.1 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by Smobbl_Bobbl; 2014-06-28 at 10:07. Reason: I could locate the kernel files in one single folder

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you should use ubiboot for sailfishos or copy config values from nemo to sailfishos entries

vram=6m omapfb.vram=0:6M

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
you should use ubiboot for sailfishos or copy config values from nemo to sailfishos entries

vram=6m omapfb.vram=0:6M
That was a good hint! Harmattan, Nitdroid, Sailfish work seamlessly fine! (=
Spasiba!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Smobbl_Bobbl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Oh dear, I kind of hoped we'd crack this with your aid.
Too bad, I hope you'll be getting a Jolla or a Neo900 as a replacement device
Hi.
Finally I bought a used N9 in good condition. As soon as I have some spare time I'll be back again!
Regards.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Still dudnt get to make that serial adapter
But, now at least I have the soldering iron hehe.
And, somewhere, the USB-RS232 adapter.
Would also love to see if it really is impossible to get that USB console up - I got some parts for that, which I hope would work.
They should, they are from mainland China LOL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: