Closed Thread
ok i need help now again. its abt the app store. i tried all i could still i get out of space. i reformatted and reinstalled around 4 times now. ive changed the permissions of /data and /system/app (chmod 777) i also tried -R 777 and still no luck. i have a 4gb card and partitioned abour 260mb for fat and the rest ext. also i dont have some "problems" like some. my first android boot happens instantly and does not take a long time. my app store update also happens in a few mins. (i, being in india, dont have a very fast connection)

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
ok i need help now again. its abt the app store. i tried all i could still i get out of space. i reformatted and reinstalled around 4 times now. ive changed the permissions of /data and /system/app (chmod 777) i also tried -R 777 and still no luck. i have a 4gb card and partitioned abour 260mb for fat and the rest ext. also i dont have some "problems" like some. my first android boot happens instantly and does not take a long time. my app store update also happens in a few mins. (i, being in india, dont have a very fast connection)
quick quote from my post few pages back :

firstly i need the boot.log of someone who cant install (mount microsd on pc delete the boot.log file in root of partition then umount it and boot nitdroid then try to install something after it fails shutdown and link the bootlog to me.

@steve sorry didnt see that. give me sometime

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by gsever View Post
Do you use temperature or battery level control for the limit of over-clocking as described in this wiki entry?
Wiki describes userland scripts, only thing from kernel that is involved - bq27x00_battery.ko module. It can be found under /system/lib/modules (Android rootfs).

Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
quick quote from my post few pages back :
done. i deleted boot.log, started android, opened appstore, tried to install an app, got out of space error. shut down android and now uploading boot.log

i do all this from my phone itself. if u want to avoid unplugging card,
do this to mount ext.
run sfdisk -l to see ur partition name. usually its mmcb1k1p1 or mmcb1k1p2
run sudo mount /dev/mmcb1k1p2 /mnt

to unmount
sudo umount /mnt

i also formatted and partitioned my mmc on phone itself. if any one needs instructions, ill post later as i have no time to write a tutorial now.
@steve, if u knew this, sorry for pointing. if u didnt. hope it helps u
Attached Files
File Type: zip boot.zip (22.5 KB, 72 views)

I think troubleshooters need to leave this thread and leave it for developing purposes only, we dont want to get in their way.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
well their is a bugtracker @ bugs.nitdroid.com

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bayonne, France
@dj_steve: you didn't answer my question (previous post) about kexec. As it seems that kexec works with maemo, wouldn't it be easier to run android on a separate kernel rather than on maemo's one?

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Thanks e-yes! Also thanks Siggen for the offer!!
Of course, thanks DJ_Steve!

kylepsp
I think troubleshooters need to leave this thread and leave it for developing purposes only, we dont want to get in their way.
I agree with you, but we all do need help with things. I think we should start a new thread for installation (this thread is very overwhelming) and help.

DJ_Steve: If you want: I can start a new thread and try keep help out with it. I'm sure many of us here will have no problem to help.
I'm only asking as maybe you want to keep all the info in this thread.
Just let us know and we will try get all help requests from flooding here.

Thanks LifeNexus. I had problems using Tar on the file as it said --J invalid. Could you point in the right direction.

Many thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid