Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Considering who funds this site, I wonder if it is we who are standing on a burning platform.

I was always against relying so much on Nokia.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by alcalde View Post
It's like a battered Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader teaming up to destroy Emperor Palpatine!
Except that Ballmer is Emperor Palpatine, Elop is Darth Vader, and they're teaming up to destroy Luke Skywalker (Qt and Meego). So we're back to the old narrative (modern capitalism). Nothing new here.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-02-12 at 13:45.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
noteworthy bit of information: Stephen Elop is the 7th largest single person Microsoft shareholder, and own no Nokia stock whatsoever.
I hope legal action will be taken. it's not too late to undo this (ok probably it is, but one can dream)
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
So there are some rumours going on that Nokia will publish its first WP7 phone at MWC. They have a press conference there tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to naabi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by mece View Post
noteworthy bit of information: Stephen Elop is the 7th largest single person Microsoft shareholder, and own no Nokia stock whatsoever.
interesting.

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Originally Posted by mece View Post
I hope legal action will be taken. it's not too late to undo this (ok probably it is, but one can dream)
everyone ctrl z or gtfo

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
I think NOKIA is lost their focus when they entered OS "market", they done well on hardware one.
And they "entered" the OS market when? Since last century, so they've lost focus for over a decade and now are only now starting to feel the effects?!?!

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
The amount of opinions, information and disinformation is astonishing. E.g. Eldar Murtazin writes to his twitter account that Nokia will publish a Maemo 6 device instead of Meego. Who knows. He also wrote yesterday that Nokia will deliver an Android device next year. Sometimes he knows quite well, but quite often he's FOS.

The Following User Says Thank You to naabi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
I think NOKIA is lost their focus when they entered OS "market", they done well on hardware one.
Didn't they, in fact, create the phone OS market when they co-founded Symbian Ltd. in 1998? (Together with Ericsson, Motorola, and Psion.)

Of course technically this might not have been the first phone OS, but was there any operating system for a phone that was independent of models/vendors and that developers could write applications for before this time? Any OS that was, you know, visible as such, had a name like "Windows" and "Unix", wasn't just unnamed bits and bytes in the ROM of the phone?

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org