Active Topics

LOL @ the "expedite dept" I had a similar chat conversation with dell.com chat based out of TX. The guy promised me he'd submit an expedition request on my behalf and that he'd follow up with email or a phone call that same day. A day or two passed and for sh*ts & giggles decided I'd follow up with him, knowing full-well I was being ignored from my previous experience with Dell. No reply...another email sent calling him out....no reply. Another one just for the hell of it and threatening to escalate to his mgr....no effing reply. Dell is a joke of a company, seriously.

Originally Posted by zartan View Post
Dont wait, just call them. In fact, call this guy:

800 456 3355 ext 6124309
James Pagal

He's from the expediting department. F*ck him, everyone call him off the hook until he makes it a priority. On Monday, he assured me he was going to keep me updated on my expediting request, but he didnt even submit it till the 10th, yesterday he got a response and never notified me. Today I called him again and he told me 'I requested an expedite but the part is out of stock and you will get it on 1/20/2010.' I explained the situation to him multiple times and he was basically ignoring what I was saying and telling me 'the part(s) is out of stock.' They are not taking this situation seriously or pursuing our interests. He told me to call customer care and gave me another number as well, which I called and it turned out to be the number to cancel my order. So I got transferred to customer care, they eventually blamed it on the vendor (Nokia). I called Nokia, they can't look up our orders from Dell naturally. They told me some nokiausa preorders have experienced the same problem. Now the phones are out of stock on nokiausa, too. They are going to contact Nokia management and inform them of the problem with Dell orders. Yeah right, if that ever happens I will take my N900 and wear it up my *** for the first 2 weeks because it has already been f*cking me through the entire order process.

I suggest you call nokia and also email them and complain:

https://www.nokiausa.com/get-support...ct-us/email-us

I'm gonna file a case with the better business bureau against dell.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Everyone,

Please see here and please join in. If we stand up together we will be heard. If not, I fear nothing will be done.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36958

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
Everyone,

Please see here and please join in. If we stand up together we will be heard. If not, I fear nothing will be done.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36958
I will just as soon as i figure out how to do it... but I have a order date of 1-12-10 which was 12-16-09 and funny thing is when i jumped from amazon to dell for the cheaper price i asked the dam rep if it was in stock, she said YES and it will take three days to process my order ( man was i dumb ) so i was like, okay, so my cc was charged but now i have an estimated date of later then i planed and if it was in stock i dnt know why it would take this long to get going. Check'd on amazon to find the dam thing "in stock" after i cancelled the freaking order i had for like ever with them, just to hop on board with stupid dell and their false promises! the only thing i'm really worried about is i leave this base in jan and i dnt know what will happen if i am no longer at this address and they finally decide to ship... i wish they would get it together, for the love of god

Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
I will just as soon as i figure out how to do it... but I have a order date of 1-12-10 which was 12-16-09 and funny thing is when i jumped from amazon to dell for the cheaper price i asked the dam rep if it was in stock, she said YES and it will take three days to process my order ( man was i dumb ) so i was like, okay, so my cc was charged but now i have an estimated date of later then i planed and if it was in stock i dnt know why it would take this long to get going. Check'd on amazon to find the dam thing "in stock" after i cancelled the freaking order i had for like ever with them, just to hop on board with stupid dell and their false promises! the only thing i'm really worried about is i leave this base in jan and i dnt know what will happen if i am no longer at this address and they finally decide to ship... i wish they would get it together, for the love of god
Go ahead and send me your info as requested on the other link.

Also, if anyone has any order numbers for orders that were placed after 11/5 and that have already been shipped, please send them to me to. I have a few of those already, but the more we have of those the better.

What is everyone who ordered on the 5th submitting for their rebate? The paper "Packing Slip" which only shows the ship date or a printout of the "Invoice" showing order & ship date plus price paid. It would seem as the packing slip alone wouldn't be sufficient for the rebate since it isn't a dated store receipt.

I actually ordered 2 & the 2nd one would qualify, but it has a defect & trying to get an exchange through Dell may be tough with the stock situation. But I don't want to lose on the extra $50 because my 1st order has an ineligible date.

Thought about getting a refund on the 2nd one & submitting the receipt, but it has the s/n(Imei) on it which wouldn't match the barcode of the 1st one.

did it rly say to turn in a reciept?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
doesnt the rebate require the upc cut of fthe box?

Originally Posted by eleclipper View Post
did it rly say to turn in a reciept?
The rebate form is kinda messed up in that it doesn't ask for a receipt in the numbered steps, but in the finer print just below #4 says "Mail-In Form, dated store receipt and UPC/barcode panel must be postmarked by January 8, 2010..."

I hope Google manages the launch for the Nexus One better than ******ed Nokia, I would love to jump ship after this terrible frustrating waste of time that has been my N900 experience. On the one hand, I'm sure there will be a whole slew of new impressive phones in Q1 2010 for us to get excited about. On the other hand, I've been waiting so long to get an N900 thats a lot of time and patience and excitement invested, I want a maemo device but I don't want to support Dell or Nokia anymore

Originally Posted by zartan View Post
I hope Google manages the launch for the Nexus One better than ******ed Nokia, I would love to jump ship after this terrible frustrating waste of time that has been my N900 experience. On the one hand, I'm sure there will be a whole slew of new impressive phones in Q1 2010 for us to get excited about. On the other hand, I've been waiting so long to get an N900 thats a lot of time and patience and excitement invested, I want a maemo device but I don't want to support Dell or Nokia anymore
Zartan,

Nokia is not any worst as a company than any other, and neither is Dell. They are full of mostly honest people trying to do their work. Nokia has some incredibly talented people working for them, and they seem to "get" the open source idea. So, even when I am in the midst of a sort of battle with them ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36958 ) I know that for the moment they have my undivided attention as a customer.

Our issue with the N900 shipping problem is probably due to some incompetent manager somewhere in their ranks. It will get resolved eventually. (I am just trying to help it along.) So, stay positive. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

The Following User Says Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:

Tags
back away, extract the 'n' key, from the keyboard