Active Topics

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Derby, UK
Originally Posted by RipTorn View Post
I've got the same issue, mine was working perfect for ages, now has just stoped. Nothing has been changed, it doesn't even say can't connect to account, just... nothing...

its like the server is responding but just timing out.

cheers I do love how jablet has made IM that much easier for me.

-Rip
Same here for me too. Jablet worked perfectly until sometime Sunday evening I think. Now the N810 just sits with the presence icon flashing away trying to connect. (By the way, Jay, just wanted to say thanks for a fantastic service you provide via Jablet).

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I do not know what could be the problem. Perhaps this is an N810 issue because it seems it is only N810 users with the problem. (I am still on my N800.)

I will be installing an Openfire update sometime within the next 24 hours. We will see if that helps any.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
I've been having the same issues Jay, where it just sits there and continually tries to connect, but never does.

It seems to me that's been going on for about a week or more, very sporatic though..so I can't really give a bug report or help in a possible fix..

If there's someway or somewhere to get details on why it's not connecting please let me know, though I'm pretty much useless at this point running stuff in X-Term unless I have exact commands/instructions..reguardless if there's some way I could help please let me know as I've been using this for awhile now and would like to help or contribute in anyway.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I have noticed that the server seems to always have exactly 38 sessions open. Maybe the server is stuck. I will be restarting it in a minute. Let me know if it works for you.

Tadaa! All better now, thanks Zerojay.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
Yup, back online here..

Alright, perhaps I'll force a restart of the server once a week then.

Sorry for the problems, everybody.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Derby, UK
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I have noticed that the server seems to always have exactly 38 sessions open. Maybe the server is stuck. I will be restarting it in a minute. Let me know if it works for you.
Brilliant! Thanks Jay, normal service now restored. Its not a N810 problem as it was affecting Psi on my desktop too.

It might be interesting to know if it was just a 'one-off' or the server really does need regular reboots.

Thanks again.
HowieG..

Thanks zerojay! I have been using Pidgin for the last week since getting the N800 for Christmas. I just followed your instructions and had my MSN up and running within 15 minutes! (helped that my Debian distro had Psi in the repos).

From what I understand, Jabber is also an IM too, but it just has these gateways to the other IM's too right? So I could start getting people onto Jabber too?

Mike R.

Originally Posted by mike r View Post
Thanks zerojay! I have been using Pidgin for the last week since getting the N800 for Christmas. I just followed your instructions and had my MSN up and running within 15 minutes! (helped that my Debian distro had Psi in the repos).

From what I understand, Jabber is also an IM too, but it just has these gateways to the other IM's too right? So I could start getting people onto Jabber too?

Mike R.
Yes, you sure can.