Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
A simple decent GUI compression utility to handle the common windows/unix (and maybe Mac) formats - at the very least just be able to open a ZIP file without having to go into a console window and type the command in! That'd do me!!
With rar and zip plugins FileBox has a GUI to do it very usefull for me I should say...

The Following User Says Thank You to davogr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
N900 as Bluetooth HID Device

I know it is possible to connect Bluetooth Keyboards to the N900. But what about the other way arround?

I would say it is possible. But I haven't found a way so far.

The Idea is to use the simply great N900 keyboard in moments you have no other keyboard or a regular is simply to big. At example as a Bluetooth Keyboard for your Playstation 3 or to have a Keyboard while using your new tablet PC (iTab) on the go or you have a Nokia N8 as your workphone and wan't to write a email the fast way.

It should be a simple app. As soon as you start it, it activates the Bluetooth stack and makes the N900 visible as HID Device. Then you can scan from the other Device (at example the WeTab) for new Bluetooth Devices and connect to it. When you type now at the N900 keyboard every keypress is sent over Bluetooth to the other device as long as this application is in the foreground. I guess there are some more use case.

Please forgive me if something like this already exists. If so, please help me to find a way to the solution.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by helex View Post
BlueMaemo?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by helex View Post

I know it is possible to connect Bluetooth Keyboards to the N900. But what about the other way arround?

I would say it is possible. But I haven't found a way so far.

The Idea is to use the simply great N900 keyboard in moments you have no other keyboard or a regular is simply to big. At example as a Bluetooth Keyboard for your Playstation 3 or to have a Keyboard while using your new tablet PC (iTab) on the go or you have a Nokia N8 as your workphone and wan't to write a email the fast way.

It should be a simple app. As soon as you start it, it activates the Bluetooth stack and makes the N900 visible as HID Device. Then you can scan from the other Device (at example the WeTab) for new Bluetooth Devices and connect to it. When you type now at the N900 keyboard every keypress is sent over Bluetooth to the other device as long as this application is in the foreground. I guess there are some more use case.

Please forgive me if something like this already exists. If so, please help me to find a way to the solution.
There is BlueMaemo, which allows you to use the N900 as a keyboard/mouse combo via bluetooth. Unfortunately, you can only use an on-screen keyboard, rather than the hardware keyboard.

EDIT: Too slow :/

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Unfortunately, you can only use an on-screen keyboard, rather than the hardware keyboard.
Thanks for the hint!
I haven't known BlueMaemo. I guess it could be a very interesting tool while using software like gimp or for presentations. I like it.
Sadly, and as you already wrote, only the touchscreen works. So you have no benefit if you wan't to use a small hardware keyboard while you're on the go with your Tablet PC or Symbian Phone like the 5800 or the new N8.
Anyway, a good hint. Thanks!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
I couldn't find anything like that in ovi store, any link?
here it is... http://store.ovi.com/content/42570?c...a=applications

The Following User Says Thank You to dtergens For This Useful Post:
1. Full-featured GPS. Several of us have been looking at ways to extend Ovi Maps, including POIs, 3D view and voice guidance. Several ideas to improve voice guidance being thrown around at the moment, some with working results. Marble's coming along well, just needs better performance and voice. Crochik GeePS made a promising start. Mappero doing well. I just want one app that can do routing, voice, speed cameras, POI..everything that OVI Maps for Symbian can do.

2. Shazam. Yes Instinctiv has a similar feature, but its not being developed for Maemo at the moment. We've seen an early build of Shazam talked about, then nothing. I agree with someone else (sorry, didn't see name) that the database is limited in Instinctiv. There are several alternatives to Shazam, surely one of them can work.

3. Fixes to included apps (MicroB etc) and settings. Had several windows opened earlier, one apparently stopped responding, giving option to close it. Clicked no, yes, ctrl+backspace, power->end task. Modal dialog just wouldn't go. Ended up turning phone off, losing all open windows. Couple this with everyone elses gripes (hildon-desktop, power consumption) and this alone would be a major improvement.

4. Screenshots of MohammedAGs QT reimplementation of the media player

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I miss a good and powerful (at least stable) email-client.

The Following User Says Thank You to Quasar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
I know it's already been mentioned, but I find that the n900 lacks a really good music player. Especially because of the amount of storage we have on this device. Rockbox looks really promising with lots of customization, but a nice, easy to use and well set out gui is a must for me as well on a music player, which rockbox simply doesn't have ( maybe this will change) Something along the lines of real player.

The Following User Says Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
1. Full-featured GPS.

2. Shazam. There are several alternatives to Shazam, surely one of them can work.

3. Modal dialog just wouldn't go.
4. Screenshots of MohammedAGs QT reimplementation of the media player
1. Modrana, go on, please!
2. Hope.
3. There was a way to make modal dialogs ignorable, so that you could do anything, and modal dialog wouldn't prevent you from doing something else, some option of matchbox;

Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
I miss a good and powerful (at least stable) email-client.
There is Mobile Firefox (Fennec); when will there be Mobile Thunderbird (Hummingbird) ? Mobile Lightning (Mozilla calendar) ? Etc.

Tags
applications, coding, competition, ideas, nokia n900