Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Nokia aren't in the habit of publicly announcing the release dates of firmware updates in advance, and I haven't seen where they broke form this time. Do you have a link to a firmware release date announcement by Nokia for PR1.2?

If they haven't announced a release date, how can we know whether or not there has been a delay?

nokia is always delayed.

like most software projects/releases

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
didnt some one from nokia say in nokia forums (or tech support, i cant recall) that UK didnt get the v3 update because it was coming merged with pr 1.2 end of feb/march
Ahhh the first part.... came from a nokia forum person, but not an official statement.... read into that as you wish

that UK didnt get the v3 update because it was coming merged with pr 1.2
The second part, was bob hope at his tricks again and came tricking out.... Allthough yes lots of rumours, and some sensible have been saying April/March.... (Notice april first)....
Still a rumour
end of feb/march
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I don't recall seeing such an announcement, but I may have missed it. That's why I asked for a link. Do you have one?
no i didnt save the link but it was posted in the pr 1.1 thread i think, don't quote me

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Hey guys just wondering whats happening with the pr 1.2 update if any one knows or i missed the info some where?

i was hoping it would be in the 1st week of march but seems like there is gonna be delays.

Do you guys think its going to be delayed more due to n900 including more things in the update because of the whole meego 1 on n900?

2 things i could do with, turn by turn maps (fingers crossed supports potrait mode) and bug fixes

like many others i check for updates everyday....sad i know :P
Nokia N900 was designed with focus on use as mobile computer with the telephony as a feature. Hence, the wide support of landscape orientation. Based on consumer feedback, we are adding portrait support in the browser of the Nokia N900, but only our MeeGo 1 software (formerly known as Maemo 6) will have full support of portrait and landscape orientations of all applications.

source:http://mobiletablets.blogspot.com/20...ith-peter.html

Originally Posted by daemonfin View Post
Nokia N900 was designed with focus on use as mobile computer with the telephony as a feature. Hence, the wide support of landscape orientation. Based on consumer feedback, we are adding portrait support in the browser of the Nokia N900, but only our MeeGo 1 software (formerly known as Maemo 6) will have full support of portrait and landscape orientations of all applications.

source:http://mobiletablets.blogspot.com/20...ith-peter.html
yeh i know this but i personally not bothered about other apps supporting portrait mode. for me it makes sense to have "maps" in portrait mode as almost every car holder sits phone in portrait plus holding phone in landscape while walking with maps would be bit lame...

someone looked at the version of the last update and when it was released, and saw the version of the next update and based on its name determined it meant march 22nd.

I have no clue if its right or not, but his logic made sense. so I would wait till march 22nd.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Personally, I have given up on Nokia. I have learned a great lesson with this N900. Don't get me wrong, the phone is good but all I can say is I have given up and all I have now is HOPE.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Personally, I have given up on Nokia. I have learned a great lesson with this N900. Don't get me wrong, the phone is good but all I can say is I have given up and all I have now is HOPE.
bob hope is everywhere i say!!!!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
OMG don't u have anything better to do than waiting for new firmware?? hehe You can be sure that if it is ready u will see it in your status bar If u can't wait just write your own update hehe

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
no. updates from nokia is all i live for

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever