Notices

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I think he means the aspect ratio bug where the video was stretched across the whole screen, no matter what the original aspect ratio was.
This was a bug? I thought it was a feature. Can you guys bring it back please? As an option or something?

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Do we have a solution for properly installing beta10 ? Here is what I have done so far

1. used the latest version of canola2-cleanup to clean up everything.
2. followed installation instructions from the canola2 website
3. rebooted my tablet
4. Launched canola

I still see only 'Audio' , 'Photos' and 'Settings' icons - nothing more. I have not started installing any of the add-ons , but am I not supposed to see a 'Videos' icon as well ?

I have tried this sequence many times - with no luck. Installing beta9 after disabling the extras-devel repository works fine, but I was trying to upgrade to beta10 .

I have also tried running it as root, and no luck there either.

Here is what I have so far

canola2 2.0.0~beta10-maemo3
canola2-cleanup 0.1.8-maemo3
OS Version 4.2008.36-5

What I am doing wrong ?

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I edited my Extras-Devel catalog setting and changed the distribution to just 'diablo' from 'chinook diablo' - and now I have a functioning beta10

Is there any word yet on when the final version of Beta 10 is coming out?

The Following User Says Thank You to heron61 For This Useful Post:
Sorry, since I posted the trace of the hung canola - would there be any comment on that? Thanks!

Have been testing beta10 for a little while. I noticed two things:

Pausing seems to cause the playback indicator to reset to 0. Unpausing starts playing where I left off, but it was still a little wierd.

The order of the tracks seems to be lost. I didn't have this problem before, but now it seems that beta10 has more trouble putting the tracks in the right order. The tracks might be missing track id3 info. I can look into that, just wondering if anyone else have noticed this?

Otherwise cool, but it's very hard for me to see what is really new. That is both good and bad

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
here is a output :

$ canola -vvv
env: python: No such file or directory

yes i know i think i remove all python cause i think first terra2.5 still a bug

any idea how to get all python again lol

I have a double boot set on my tablet, and when I've installed canola 10 on my main OS , there was no problems with it. It just works fine - have all icons and plug ins.
But when I've booted from the SD card ( the same OS version - Diablo with all latest updates) and installed the new Canola (after removing the old one 'beta9' and using the cleanup) the Canola was not installed proprly. Now it just have only audio , pictures and setting icons. I've tried to uninstall canola again, to use canola cleanup (several times), restarted the tablet (several times, also between the installation of every plugin) but there was no effect. What I seenow is that Canola and Carman doesn't work on my SD card OS, and work perfect on mine main OS.
I think that probably the problem is in the Canola Cleanup, because on the SD card I was using the old Canola beta89 version ( which worked pretty good btw), and I doesn't have any version of Canola installed on my main OS image.
If anyone have any suggestion on how to install Canola properly on my SD card it should be great. Now I'll try to do cleanup once again, the install Canola beta 9 , then cleanup, and then install Canola beta 10. I'f this work, I 'll update my post.

I have finally resolved my problems with Canola beta10. As i wrote before I'vfe completly uninstaled beta10 and tried to install beta9 . The result was a non-working beta9 (tha same as the beta10 there was no video icon and plugins), then I decided to play with the repos, and removed (disabled) all repos except maemo-extras and the nokia's. Then i've reinstalled the canola beta9 and it was fully functional. Then I've used the cleanup and removed beta9, removed also the mplayer, then add maemo Extras-devel repo, restarted, and then installed the Canola beta10. Now all is working just perfect.

Does this mean we're near and official release of Beta 10?

Tags
beta10, canola2, installation