Active Topics

Notices

Oops. I meant selecting OK instead of Cancel on the settings dialog(s).

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
Oops. I meant selecting OK instead of Cancel on the settings dialog(s).
mmm..., I'm sure that's what I did. I found that I also had to enter a space instead of just blanking it out to get the value to stay gone . And sure enough I just tried it again & after reboot the values return to their default.

I ran:

Code:
python /usr/bin/setup-minigpsd
and changed them there. No errors, but no save after reboot either.

Where are these values saved? TX
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

2 grog The problem with minigpsd is if you are not using a bt device minigpsd continuse to ping, confused tnat it doesnt get an answer
Here is the solution: Download gcofig configeration editor. browse to apps/maemo/minigpsd. set both GPSE and OBD to blank . that should fix things You can view gconfig editer from time to time to ensure the values havent changed

it is saved via gconf.

In the console:

gconftool -R /apps/maemo/minigpsd

should show everything including changes.

Try the statusbar app if you can.

I've rebooted and mine stay.

http://www.zdez.org/gtk-new.zip has a new test module for configuring. I'm still working on it but see if it can configure better.

You might need to change "import gconf" to "import gnome.gconf" in the gtk-new.py for it to work

Thanks guys, but for whatever reason the settings do not want to stick. I erase them using either the applet or gconf-editor, double check them with gconftool to confirm that they're gone, but when I reboot they're back to their old values. And it doesn't seem to matter that I haven't started minigpsd yet, I have to disconnect from the AP that automatically connected after bootup, erase the values then reconnect for my wifi to work properly.

This is the first time I've used gconf-editor, but it's pretty straight-forward; select value, erase value, hit enter, value gone. I don't understand why it's not working. Could it be a permissions problem? Where's the actual gconf db file(s)? TX
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

I think an XML in /var/lib/gconf/(key), but it is handled by a system daemon which should not have permission problems.

e.g. /var/lib/gconf/apps/maemo/minigpsd should have a file with the keys

I was checking the xml file permissions (which are fine btw), when I stumbled on where the problem is. I blanked out both of the BT values & was checking around when I decided to reboot again. Instead of checking the values through the applet I first checked using gconftool, which showed they were still blank. But when I used the applet it showed the default strings in both values. Checking again with gconftool shows the values now defaulted again.

So the problem is the applet restoring the defaults. HTH

My bad. I'm not differentiating between not set and set-to-nothing
Expect an update in a little while.

The Following User Says Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post:

Tags
gps, obd2