Active Topics

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post

Still working on a body
I like it very much too ...

Do you really need a body ? just the face is nice ...
I would like to suggest a collaboration between you and Stupid Little Genius To make a perfect mix ...

Once again I agree with Qole : I see Racoons as clever lovely monsters.
Pffft, how lucky you are guys to have free racoons ... In Paris, we just have free rats in the subway and flyin rats (i mean pigeons) everywhere else ...

The Following User Says Thank You to totololo For This Useful Post:
Totololo is right, the racoon mascot doesn't need a body, the head is enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
extreme Maecoon racer! make it happen people!

instead of fish, Maecoon can collect chocolate, marshmallows and onions

Last edited by overfloat; 2009-05-15 at 15:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to overfloat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
I don't think a logo featuring a particular device is a good idea because we have no idea what kind of devices Maemo will end up in, and indeed it may end up in many kinds of devices simultaneously.
You could make it very general, or make it show Maemo thus clearly putting attention on that. But you're right, this is a problem. However if you keep it very general the form factor is the same for all NITs so in that regard you could use a certain form factor.

I had in mind the Fennec logo which combines the Fennec fox with the planet from Mozilla Firefox thus connecting brand recognition. The fox is little, creating that embedded feeling. On top of that, a claw holds a mobile device in hand when the application is started up. In this case its reverse of showing Maemo on the device because its the 'logo' (Fennec fox) holding the device in hand. It is also not the main logo.

Maybe the 'ae' on a device which resembles a 800x480 screen of tablet?

PS: Oh oops I didn't read all comments I really like the racoons posted a lot!! They combine the logo with animal, well and its cute.. also keep in mind its best to have the logo made in vector graphics (SVG)...

Last edited by allnameswereout; 2009-05-15 at 14:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on May 2009 @ England
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post

PS: Oh oops I didn't read all comments I really like the racoons posted a lot!! They combine the logo with animal, well and its cute.. also keep in mind its best to have the logo made in vector graphics (SVG)...

I always do this kind of thing with vector graphics^^ It give the best results for thing sort of thing. I did have Illustrator, but the trail ran out and although I got it working several times over, it pretty soon stopped working altogether...

So I switched to Inkscape (Which btw is freeware ) and although it's a little less user friendly, it works like a dream^^

couldn't resist having a go with Penguinbait's idea!

Personally I think he looks a little cliparty. I think the simplicity of the other one It goes better with the demeanour of the site.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stupid Little Genius For This Useful Post:
Hmm.. could we do without the tongue maybe? It looks a bit out of place..

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Like this?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Stupid Little Genius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Hmm.. could we do without the tongue maybe? It looks a bit out of place..
It matches his ears

This was made by my daughter, she is pretty good, she drew it from hand on her HP tabletpc. I messed with the eyes a little.

He is sticking his tongue out at you (thinking I have a Internet Tablet, and you don't) HAHA
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
ROTFL!! I must admit he looks better with the tongue

The Following User Says Thank You to Stupid Little Genius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Stupid Little Genius View Post
ROTFL!! I must admit he looks better with the tongue
me too, but I like the changes to the eyes
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:

Tags
don't forget opabinia, maemo, maemo.org, mascot, vote armadillo lizard!