Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
I flashed whole device and it's totally in factory settings now. Nothing changed. 10 minutes of chess gaming already kills it.

Originally Posted by Haukka View Post
I flashed whole device and it's totally in factory settings now. Nothing changed. 10 minutes of chess gaming already kills it.
Well that just leads me to think more that it is a memory/hw issue (though I am leaning towards memory right now) The fact that you went right back to factory basics and its still crashing means the problem was more than likely not a software one.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
sounds like a hardware issue to me. call nokia, they should send you a new device ...

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Yep, have to call them on Monday. That flashing was kind of last hope to get it fixed and it failed. Has to be hw problems because there are thousands of well working devices around with same fw installed.

Anyway, I like a lot this device and hopefully it'll be fixed.

Last edited by Haukka; 2009-11-27 at 23:17.

I called them on thursday. I'm sending my N900 back for a new one.

I like it a lot and I'm just disappointed I have to wait longer to have it back in my greedy hands

so is possible have a new one hoping it will work as it should?
What is the procedure in detail? You have to send your and wait for the new one or they send a new one in exchange so you don't need a backup phone meanwhile?

I think if they allow a change for this behaviour maybe they really think it maybe an hardware problem.

I really have too many reboots even just writing an sms. Sounds almost impossible to me this wasn't fixed before production.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ CA USA
Mine is made in Korea, Purchased from the Nokia FlagShip store in NYC. Mine constantly reboots, its going back today or tomorrow for an exchange

No matter what im doing whether it is browsing the web, playing a game or making a call the phone will reboot. Some times I will be able to use the phone for more than 1/2 hour but it never fails to keep rebooting.

FYI I dont have the MIC issue or any dead pixels if that makes a difference.

What are the last four digits of your IMEI?? 8983 maybe there is a bad batch?

i reflashed it but didn't help. Can't understand why my user data still there after the reflashing.
How can I wipe everything if not flashing it?

I don't know what else I can try then, I'll call Nokia tomorrow to see if replacement is avaiable for this issue also in my country.

@maxppc, if you want to get your device to "out of the box" state you'll have to flash the eMMc image first, and then flash the FW.

see updating the firmware

When I did that, all the user data was gone, but the rebooting problem still occurred :-(

@Nyxtopouli My EMEI ends with 1217

sending it back for a replacement tomorrow....

Incredible, again stuck after a reboot, had to flash again ... no comment.

Tags
lack of quality control