Active Topics

Poll: Which one???!@
Poll Options
Which one???!@

Closed Thread
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
This is not a nice way to end a discussion by labeling people with negative remark. Anyway, nice chat, the pleasure is mine.
Yeah, I deleted the mean-spirited stuff I just posted. Sorry about that. Be well, just the same.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
I don't mind arguing and debate over things, but I need to reign in that beast when it gets personal and mean-spirited like that. Sorry about that.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I don't mind arguing and debate over things, but I need to reign in that beast when it gets personal and mean-spirited like that. Sorry about that.
Yes sir, I learn a good lesson from you.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Brisbane, Australia.
I speak English, French, Malay and Indonesian. Unfortunately not Chinese. And yes I am aware of Baidu, but why use Baidu when I have google. But really judging by the number of members of this forum, I would suspect that other "unofficial" forums would have considerably less members, so really there is no point.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ASIAN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by ASIAN View Post
I speak English, French, Malay and Indonesian. Unfortunately not Chinese. And yes I am aware of Baidu, but why use Baidu when I have google. But really this judging by the number of members of this forum, I would suspect that other "unofficial" forums would have considerably less members, so really there is no point.
I was mean in replying to your post. My apology.

I just want to say Maemo are flourishing in other part of the world. Yes that might mean nothing to you. Have a nice day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Brisbane, Australia.
Nope, my apologies. Didn't know my post from over 12 hours ago had any relevance to what had previously been discussed.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
You can't value things till you loose 'em.
It's like sayin': I'm throwing myself outta the window because all my friends commited suicide.
LG Optimus 2x was benchmarked as the fastest between 'em but can it run Linux distros? Can it install debian packages? Does it allow you to feel free? Is it unique? No.
Actually, this is false. A linux distro can be installed under Android and you can install debian packages.

Ubuntu has been demonstarted to run on many devices, CLI and X.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by ASIAN View Post
So I'm making the switch to Android because all my friends have Android phones and they make my N900 look obsolete. Which one should I Purchase, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Galaxy S2 or LG Optimus 2x?? And no mentions of quad-core cellphones because no one really needs a quad-core phone.
It's a shame you have to give up your N900 just because your friends have Android phones. Maybe you haven't used your N900 to it's fullest potential or have yet to realize what you will be missing? Why do you want to be a sheep and follow the flock?

Why don't you ask one of your friends for their Android phone and do a comparison on the basic features, then advanced features, or maybe tell us what you are lacking in your N900?

I do feel though you are telling the wrong folk about your need for an Android phone, this being a N900 / Maemo forum, I wouldn't think you wouldn't get much sympathy!

Why don't you load up NITDroid on your N900 and impress your friends in a positive manner? or ask them to load up Maemo on their Android devices?

I for one think you are missing a great deal and you are not going to find it in an Android phone!
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Last edited by MyNokiaN900; 2011-03-20 at 10:25.

On the other hand, from what I've been told in other threads, NITdroid isn't very complete and isn't really a good solution for running Android. I, for one, would argue that if his friends are all starting to use Android, he might have the benefit of a group of close friends that can help him out and support him in person far better than even we strangers here on this Talk.MAEMO.org forum who have no love for him.

You hear that ASIAN? No love.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
I'm still curious.. what IS the Chinese name for Maemo? It's a darn good question. I wouldn't think it would have a different name in Chinese.

Closed Thread

Tags
apt-get android, fanboy denial, hi i'm a douche, humor required, look at me!, mm peter, poor lil rich, thx 4 the fish, troll alert