Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
Right; I see. The workaround of course is just to swipe away the loading icon manually.

Are you planning any more updates or are you considering this pretty much done for now?
I can remove the loading dialog, and simply have the folder close once the application is launched. This would seem to be the best compromise, though it still won't close if the application has no GUI.

There will be more updates, but I also have other projects to update. At the moment I'm working on providing event feed integration for cuteTube. It's almost finished.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Yeah
Hope can see it tonight

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I can remove the loading dialog, and simply have the folder close once the application is launched. This would seem to be the best compromise, though it still won't close if the application has no GUI.
My vote is to keep things as they are - I prefer the loading icon to stay.

Originally Posted by marxian
There will be more updates, but I also have other projects to update. At the moment I'm working on providing event feed integration for cuteTube. It's almost finished.
Great; looking forward to that!

And from what you say people should feel encouraged to continue posting feedback about Meefolders on this thread. Cheers!

So, I am trying to customise my setup a bit. To change the name of a desktop meefolder I can change the relevant line of the meefolder*.desktop file in /home/user/.local/share/applications. But that just changes the icon name in the main app screen - it doesn't change the name of the title in the folder itself. I realise I can delete and recreate the folder I want with the title I want, but if there's a quicker way to do it by editing a file, I'd prefer that. I looked in /opt/meefolders/desktop but no luck. Also if it gives the possibility to change the order of icons within a folder.

EDIT: It looks like everything is stored in ~/MyDocs/MeeFolders/MeeFolders.sqlite.

Last edited by noetus; 2011-12-23 at 17:59.

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
So, I am trying to customise my setup a bit. To change the name of a desktop meefolder I can change the relevant line of the meefolder*.desktop file in /home/user/.local/share/applications. But that just changes the icon name in the main app screen - it doesn't change the name of the title in the folder itself. I realise I can delete and recreate the folder I want with the title I want, but if there's a quicker way to do it by editing a file, I'd prefer that. I looked in /opt/meefolders/desktop but no luck. Also if it gives the possibility to change the order of icons within a folder.
The values are stored in a SQLite database. The values in the desktop files depend on the values in the database, not the other way around. Changing the values in the desktop files will have no effect on the database. Also, the name of the desktop file is formed using the hex value of the name string, and this hex value is passed as an argument when launching the folder to determine which folder to display. In short, it's best not to mess with the files. I'll add an option to edit the folder name/icon in the application.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-12-23 at 18:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
MeeFolders 0.0.5 is now available:

Changelog:

* Folders can now be edited.
* Application list now sorted in alphabetical order.
* Fixed single-instance problem when launching folders.

Debian package is available from http://ubuntuone.com/2VglViAp6OLmBWcooRHqM6

My website

GitHub

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
1 day from christmas eve and update is there
many thanks Marxian !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
One suggestion marxian, just to help users to see which version you're up to, can you please put the current version number in the thread title? Would appreciate it. Merry Christmas! Thanks for the early present

Excellent stuff - planning a release on OVI?

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ The Netherlands
How hacky (or even possible) would it be to place MeeFolders on a separate layer above the normal applications list? So basically let your own icon grid float above the default one, hiding that as long MeeFolders is activated.

Ok i already know it's hacky obviously, but would it be possible?

The Following User Says Thank You to litemotiv For This Useful Post:

Tags
folders, organise