Active Topics

Originally Posted by karam View Post
How To run Joikuspot :

kernel-power v48 :

Code:
cp /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko.old
cp /lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power48/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/
-----------------------------------------

kernel-power v47 :

Code:
cp /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko.old
cp /lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power47/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then run joikuspot normally
without having to insert the module manually in each start of Joikuspot
works like a charm.
many thx for this.

I love my N from day to day more

BTW Pali!

Got a Problem with my Dataplan since i have installed v48

My N900 goes sometimes in Offline Mode an shut downs the GSM connection.

So i have to press the Power Button, then press Offline-Modus.
After that i have to press Power Button again and press Online Modus.

When this is done i can make calls and start my Dataplan again.

Sometimes this comes when I start a fresh connection (after boot) or when I have already a connection open and let the N900 in my pocket.

Greetz
Erazor

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
looks like with v48 my n900 doesnt do reboots anymore, yesterday it didnt do any. This is great because now it holds clock aswell

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
Hi
I aplied the update for the Kernel via FAPM and now every time I check conky to the freq it doesn't seem to fluctuate like it was before. I meen it's allways in the higher frequency, I don't want to frie my n900. Is this normall or there is something wrong? I also aplied Karam's patches. Thanks in advance for any help
Well, you installed KP48 *and* applied who-knows-what patches. You might get more lucky if you review those patches you installed, and see if one of them affects the clock settings.

The kernel by itself will not do anything. You may want to run "kernel-config show" as root and post the output here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Hey pali, any chance you can promote kp47 to extras-testing for the rest of use who don't want to live on the bleeding edge?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Ok, so... I'm not using bq27x00 module, cause in last version it is not enabled on startup, unlike in kp47.

Right. But know you about any other way to know the CPU temperature over PK48??

Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Straycat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
Strangely on some N900 the new packages not flash the kernel.
  • I have installed new packages over older Kernel v48 and after reboot I have the older kernel in the flash mtd partition yet (simple to see because the older kernel was with u-boot attached).
  • So I have choosed "Nokia Kernel" on Icons Menu to remove all.
    All power kernel's packages removed and the script tells that it has flashed Nokia Kernel.
    But after reboot power kernel still present.
  • I have manually flashed the Nokia stock kernel and after reboot I have installed again power kernel v48 from repositories.
    Again no power kernel at boot (stock kernel still present but all power kernel packages are installed, even the kernel package).
  • At end I have manually flashed the power kernel (with u-boot attached) and the story has ended.
Another italian user reports to me similar problems.
  • Installed power kernel v48 from repo but no kernel loaded
  • Reflashed N900 to stock PR1.3 firmware and then reinstalled power kernel v48. After reboot still stock kernel present

Last edited by Fabry; 2011-08-25 at 09:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fabry For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, is compcache working stable?

Can anyone report that is using it and works without problems?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to jormartr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Well, you installed KP48 *and* applied who-knows-what patches. You might get more lucky if you review those patches you installed, and see if one of them affects the clock settings.

The kernel by itself will not do anything. You may want to run "kernel-config show" as root and post the output here.
helo
the patch is the speed patch an battery patchthat you may see allmost all the time in the active topics
Here is my kenel-config

home/user # kernel-config show
current kernel configuration:
current frequency: 500
supported frequencies: 125 250 500 550 600 700 750 805 850 900 950 1000 1100 1150
min. frequency: 125
max. frequency: 750
avoid frequencies: 125 550 805 850 900 950 1000 1100 1150
active frequencies: 0:27,90 250:27,180 500:32,360 600:38,430 700:46,430 750:49,430
SmartReflex VDD1=1, VDD2=1
governor ondemand: ignore nice load= 1, up threshold= 75, sampling rate= 150000, powersave bias= 0

it seems that the min freq 125 its also one avoided and now the current freq is 500 and not 750 like allways was showned in conky
how do I revert any avoided frequency?
Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guilledoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by jormartr View Post
Hi guys, is compcache working stable?

Can anyone report that is using it and works without problems?

Thanks.
In short NO .

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Straycat View Post
Ok, so... I'm not using bq27x00 module, cause in last version it is not enabled on startup, unlike in kp47.

Right. But know you about any other way to know the CPU temperature over PK48??

Thanks in advance.
this is also my problem does anybody have a fix yet please !!

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou