Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I heartly advice you the extras-devel (or testing, I don't remember) version of Evince from qwerty12. Try that, for your math stuff, and please report if that fixes your problem.
Thanks, I'll install that. Is there a way of having microB use it as a helper application instead of osso-pdf-viewer?

The problem with osso-pdf-viewer seems to be "simply" that it no longer uses embedded fonts. Since I actually liked the simple osso-pdf-viewer, I really would like to have that fixed asap.

EDIT: Evince from qwerty12 does work, like any other pdf viewer I've tried (Maemo's xournal, and Easy Debian's evince and xournal and gv). Funnily I had a problem reminiscent of Easy Debian before our function key fixes: how do you get out of full screen mode in evince? I have to delete ~/.gnome2/evince/ev-metadata.xml to get back.

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-05-27 at 10:41.

I couldn't get the keyboard working in Debian LXDE after flashing my n900 to the new pr1.2 once i left LXDE and went back using it. I do not know what's went wrong here.

This problem happens both using my old image v3b and the new one v3d.

The Following User Says Thank You to asyik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Funnily I had a problem reminiscent of Easy Debian before our function key fixes: how do you get out of full screen mode in evince? I have to delete ~/.gnome2/evince/ev-metadata.xml to get back.
In maemo just press "control+return"!

The Following User Says Thank You to bimbim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
[QUOTE=rebhana;673847]Actually my problem is xvkbd, not xbindkeys. If I just type
Code:
xvkbd -xsendevent -text "a"
in the Debian chroot terminal, I get (after a bunch of warning messages) "a" on the next command line. Similarly when I use "\[parenleft]" I get "(". But with a lot of other special characters such as "\[percent]", I get nothing at all. Most but not all of the characters that I can compose with Fn are not produced, plus all that are on the virtual keyboard.

mscion, do you have the same phenomenon or is it just me?]

I get the same in the Debian chroot terminal.

Also, when using xvkbd the function keys do not work properly.
For example, in open office, F11 should bring up "styles and formatting" window. Instead it make open office full screen...

I find that as you get used to using the stylus on the keyboard
you can start pecking along rather quickly so it is nice to take advantage of. Do you know how to define the keys for the virtual keyboard?

Originally Posted by asyik View Post
I couldn't get the keyboard working in Debian LXDE after flashing my n900 to the new pr1.2 once i left LXDE and went back using it. I do not know what's went wrong here.

This problem happens both using my old image v3b and the new one v3d.
Same here! The power key trick doesn't work any longer

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Same here! The power key trick doesn't work any longer
Oh Noooooooooooooooo....

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Oh Noooooooooooooooo....
Yep and also the fix LXDE keyboard doesn't work any more

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Please, where can I download Czech localization package for debian? I'm still getting errors with dpkg-reconfigure locales: no file etc. I cant change default language different to my maemo system lang. So I need cs_CZ, but where to download? Thank you.

Originally Posted by Honza. View Post
Please, where can I download Czech localization package for debian? I'm still getting errors with dpkg-reconfigure locales: no file etc. I cant change default language different to my maemo system lang. So I need cs_CZ, but where to download? Thank you.
cs_CZ is included in the locales package. If you type in
Code:
dpkg -L locales | grep cs_CZ
it should tell you: /usr/share/i18n/locales/cs_CZ

Or is the problem that you have not selected cs_CZ when running dpkg-reconfigure locales? For selecting you need to use the space bar.

I am about to attempt the impossible! I am about to try to turn Debian into Ubuntu! I am not sure witch version. I ran the pull and extract app and using it. I will document it here. I am geting the steps from a book - Ubuntu Hacks: Tips & Tools for Exploring, Using, and Tuning Linux. See you!

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze