Active Topics

Closed Thread
steve what abt charging in android? and why is the cpu stuck at minimum frequency = 500mhz? it doesnt go below that

The Following User Says Thank You to lifenexus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
The speed of this coming out was really quick compared to some of the Android ports I have followed at XDA!

Is it almost certain that Android will never be a windowed within Maemo like
Easy Debian because of dependencies of resources that you mentioned earlier? Or is somewhere on the to do list
very likey this ios the case and as said in a later post the pure cpu grunt needed to run android at a usable spped would probably not only require an overclocked device but also eat battery like it was going out of fashion.

charging i think im going to have alooksie at shortly, am on nioghtshifts at work until tomorrow mornign so not getting much time at min

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
can we install other apps for android?

you can but their seems to be an issue if the android partition of microsd is over 2gb. other than that their is 2 app stores in the current root fs for apps. the official androdi market is not wokring yet so not included

edit: to answer you q in old post : you cannot partition int mem at min nor is it recomended to attempt as for the moment android is not that production ready

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-06-21 at 16:12.

Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
you can but their seems to be an issue if the android partition of microsd is over 2gb. other than that their is 2 app stores in the current root fs for apps. the official androdi market is not wokring yet so not included

edit: to answer you q in old post : you cannot partition int mem at min nor is it recomended to attempt as for the moment android is not that production ready
alright I see. So I take it that I should just grab a 2gb mem card then? was thinking of going for a 4gb.
Do you think the issue of the size will be resolved in future versions or is it that android is just built that way?

it should be resloved, ive not seen said issue myself yet but its been reported enough to be something of interest. any size card will work as long as you keep the ext3 partition under 2gb

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Mine works with a ~8GB partition, but most other guys seem to have issues with the app store. I'd go for the 4GB(or what size you want), you can partition it to 2GB if it's not working properly and partition back to 4GB once DJ_Steve solves this issue

im still awaiting someone explaing what they try to do to get error soi can test

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
im still awaiting someone explaing what they try to do to get error soi can test
From what I can gather they follow the same procedure as me... Maybe you can ask one of them for a perm dump and compare them to each other?

possibly as i cant imagine its gonna be disk size, ext3 supports upwars of 10TB

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid