Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
t has become a problem in the sense that folks are getting increasingly angry/anxious because there's "not enough timely info".
So what? Ignore it. It doesn't affect you unless you decide to let it.

When in reality there's been a great deal of info. shared, I myself have at times been part of that angry crowd, but primarily in a irrational sense.
As a parent, whenever my child is being irrational, I have two decisions to make: either hope that the child decides to stop acting as such or let it run its course. In either case, my participation is dependent upon how it affects me and perhaps others.

Dave's protestations go beyond rational expectations most of the time, I'm surprised you (of all folks) want to argue to the contrary.
The fact you pay attention to his actions is beyond me. It's like a little kid screaming out periodically "Are we there yet?"

It's highly ignorable.

You could always drive off a cliff to really shut the kids up. Works 100% of the time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The fact you pay attention to his actions is beyond me. It's like a little kid screaming out periodically "Are we there yet?" It's highly ignorable.
Are you saying you don't often bite? Pretty sure I've seen you do so on more than one occasion.
He's got us wrapped around his little finger, like a mummy & a daddy, or, a daddy & a daddy...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-17 at 07:43.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
What about the Android compatibility layer, do we know up to what version will it support? ICS? JellyBean? KitKat? Or old Gingerbread?
Maybe should we release the Kraken? aka Jalyst, to start bullying Jukka on twitter?
I askee this recently, but they weren't ready to tell which Android API version they'll support. On the positive side they claimed that Android programs with native code will work (games and other performance requiring software often has native code which doesn't work on BlackBerrys Android emulation).

http://twitter.com/DeeGeeFi/status/385752603247665153

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeGee For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Are you saying you don't often bite? Pretty sure I've seen you do so on more than one occasion.
Sometimes to be entertained, you have to bait the wee ones with candy. It's fun to see when the sugar rush ends.

Yes. I'm a cruel parent.

Anyway, enough OT talk. Didn't mean to interrupt a serious discussion about a serial unserious person.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
@DeeGee ,

I was thinking the same about MSM 8930AA SOC being used. Its a good mid-range SOC. I have the HTC first , quite fluid and fast with Android 4.1., plus has LTE support.

Sounds like right choice for SOC.
agreed.

and the Adreno 305 is an OpenGL ES 3.0 compliant SoC, happy days.

remembering rainisto's quote on this very issue:

"Not commenting any details about the actual hw. Your feedback has been read. Some people will be pleased and some people will never be pleased to anything short of a 200fps space rocket."

Last edited by Jedibeeftrix; 2013-10-17 at 08:58.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I askee this recently, but they weren't ready to tell which Android API version they'll support. On the positive side they claimed that Android programs with native code will work (games and other performance requiring software often has native code which doesn't work on BlackBerrys Android emulation).

http://twitter.com/DeeGeeFi/status/385752603247665153
So, like with my Blackberry Z10, i can not play Final Fantasy IV in my Jolla Phone. I'll stay with NITDroid, despite the low framerate

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
If I understand right you CAN use applications with native code UNLIKE BlackBerry.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Well, i understand it like apkenv for games: any self-contained app or game will work, but when need to use system libraries or other API calls it will mostly fail. Or in the case of games, when need to access .obb files, located in a directory structure (Sailfish) diferent to stock Android. If only was a symlink problem...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nice to see this thread is kick started again. But why on earth am I the subject? Keep it real, keep it focused.

Don't stop posting in this thread or I will do the posting for you. Jolla need visibility in this forum.
Take care.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Some of you like low res hd is great, some thinks 1080 screen is Togo match. Let me tell you 1080 is nothing. Its time for 2k screens. http://www.unwiredview.com/2013/10/1...ay-smartphone/

Hope to see à Quick follow up by jolla With à second more avancerad Phone.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red