Active Topics

And just to note, Vivaldi project already dumped Zenithink because they are simply not honoring their agreements. They are working with other manufacturer now, but didn't provide details yet.

See http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2012/09/a...n-vivaldi.html

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
And just to note, Vivaldi project already dumped Zenithink because they are simply not honoring their agreements. They are working with other manufacturer now, but didn't provide details yet.

See http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2012/09/a...n-vivaldi.html
I beleive the mess will continue. They better go in bed with Jolla and they MAY have a little bigger chance...

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I beleive the mess will continue. They better go in bed with Jolla and they MAY have a little bigger chance...
They actually might consider cooperation on software side (besides that they already cooperate through Mer). See https://twitter.com/sebasje/status/248023872727814144

But hardware is different, since Jolla now focuses on handsets, and PlasmaActive - on tablets. It can change in the future of course, so they will cover both at the same time.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-09-20 at 20:54.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Who cares about quad core Duel core. The important stuff is that the Jolla phone has A CORE!

The really important stuff is a keyboard. I'm not talking about a onscreen keyboard. If they going for a n9 copy cat style I see no point in release or or buy the phone.

I hope the rumor of a crazy design is true and we will see a disk phone. Who wants another iphone?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Honestly, any decent handset that will allow running Mer based OS would be good. While having a keyboard is a bug plus, I care more that it should have an sd card slot, allowing booting alternative Mer based OSes (like Nemo) easier without wiping the default Jolla OS. And preferably CPU/GPU specs should be higher than N9's ones. Ah, and also having a wide choice of frequencies (inlcuding LTE ones), since if it'll be narrow - it won't be usable with various providers.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-09-20 at 21:33.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Can someone explain to me why I keep seeing this nemo stuff on my Gnome desktop update manager? Is someone else in the linux world using the nemo name?

Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Can someone explain to me why I keep seeing this nemo stuff on my Gnome desktop update manager? Is someone else in the linux world using the nemo name?
Nemo is the name of a file manager, a fork of Nautilus I believe

File managers in KDE and Gnome have sea themed names (KDE - Dolphin, Gnome - Nautilus). Nemo is a fork of Nautilus which was started by the Mint distro team:

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/08/nemo-...-nautilus.html

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I love you guys

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
See also that the proper name for the Mer-related distro we are talking about is Nemo Mobile

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla