Active Topics

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Wish I was in Greece
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
It would be fairly simple to create .sh file to do it for you, but I would need the all the images.

Just use Selection Tool and select only the color within the battery.
I did it for you though, hope it's good enough.
Thanks Marcus. I spent soo many hours trying to figure this out. Can I use this method for all icons (cell signal, etc)?

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
Yeah, haven't heard of any that you couldn't. Most of the icons (well, I've only messed with taskswitcher/launcher, but it had no background, so it was an ease to change the color.

The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yeah, haven't heard of any that you couldn't. Most of the icons (well, I've only messed with taskswitcher/launcher, but it had no background, so it was an ease to change the color.
Thanks buddy. I really appreciate your help.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by mankir View Post
I think the question was about the dark background, not the icons (which should be changed for pressed and not pressed)...

yes i want to change the background not the icons!

hello friends.

me very new to this community.

is there any way to increase the battery backup.

also what is the use of overclocking.does this overclocking affect the battery life..

thanks

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
OK guys sorry I've been a bit quiet, sooo busy at work it's unreal!

Originally Posted by infected69 View Post
yes i want to change the background not the icons!
I have PM'd juhar (the maker of the widget) to see if it's possible to either remove the background or make it transparent.

EDIT: Unfortunately the FMTX Simple Transmitter background is hard-coded so we can't edit the background without modifying the source code. I have asked him to issue a modified source code but with the amount of work these guys do I wouldn't hold my breath for anything immediate- we may see an editable background in the next release though.

Originally Posted by Parlapipas View Post
Thanks Marcus. I spent soo many hours trying to figure this out. Can I use this method for all icons (cell signal, etc)?
Mate it might be easier to use a blank background (see attached), you can then modify the icons separately (without worrying about the selection, which will be difficult on icons which aren't square) and overlay them?

Originally Posted by anaskr View Post
yea the third will do !! now how to put em there ?? cuz i dont have the option !!
I'll look into it this evening for you mate,

Originally Posted by qwenjis View Post
Hello
I'm curious whether it's possible to extract icons from this theme(menu icons,submenu and so on,icons are changed everywhere in that theme) and make something like an app that will install those icons itself?
At the moment it's all going to have to be done manually mate, I can have a word with D-Livil and see if there's a way of loading like a blank theme template with just icons.

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
Attached Images

* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Last edited by D4rKlar; 2010-06-21 at 15:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by bentech4u View Post
hello friends.

me very new to this community.

is there any way to increase the battery backup.

also what is the use of overclocking.does this overclocking affect the battery life..

thanks

Hello mate, welcome!

There are many ways to increase the battery life of the device, have a look here:

http://wiki.maemo.org/How_To_Make_Yo...ry_Last_Longer

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49654

Regarding overclocking I would argue that it saves battery life.

When the system is idle the CPU uses 0% power, so only when the CPU is active will there be any power drain, and as the operations carried out by the CPU will be completed in a shorter space of time when overclocked in theory less overall power will be used.

The benefits of overclocking are most evident when gaming- for example a game which does not run smoothly may well do so once the device has been overclocked.

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Last edited by D4rKlar; 2010-06-21 at 14:00.

Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post

...Mate it might be easier to use a blank background (see attached), you can then modify the icons separately (without worrying about the selection, which will be difficult on icons which aren't square) and overlay them?
Hey D4. Thanks for the suggestion buddy. I thought about that while experimenting with gimp (completely new to this) and saw the layering option, but could not figure how to seperate the two. How the hell did you remove the battery icon from the background you attached?

Biggzy is that how you created the icon to begin with?

Also D, I tried fidiling around with your 3D battery icons only to realise that there are many colored layers within them so I couldn't figure out how I could change the color. For example, I noticed there is a slight vertical white line within the image to give the shine effect. When I tried changing the color, it would mess everything up.

Anyhow, you guys are great for helping. Gimp 101 all over LOLOL

Originally Posted by Parlapipas View Post
Hey D4. Thanks for the suggestion buddy. I thought about that while experimenting with gimp (completely new to this) and saw the layering option, but could not figure how to seperate the two. How the hell did you remove the battery icon from the background you attached?

Biggzy is that how you created the icon to begin with?

Also D, I tried fidiling around with your 3D battery icons only to realise that there are many colored layers within them so I couldn't figure out how I could change the color. For example, I noticed there is a slight vertical white line within the image to give the shine effect. When I tried changing the color, it would mess everything up.

Anyhow, you guys are great for helping. Gimp 101 all over LOLOL
Not 100% what icon you mean lol, care to eleborate?

Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
Not 100% what icon you mean lol, care to eleborate?
this one here:

Name:  bg.png
Views: 1337
Size:  11.4 KB

Tags
maemo mods, mods thread