Active Topics

Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 644 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Please, confirm your installation was successful
Now that you encouraged me to try one more time...
Installed by N9QTweak.
Now seems to work, been in use for a few hours.

The Following User Says Thank You to MK99 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Yes OC'ed my device, had it around 1.2ghz but also used it at 1.3ghz some time ago.
Installed different versions of fastern9 without removing so overwrite. from old to new and other way around.

So like I said, don't think it was due to fastern9 alone but a combination of different factors.

Traysh, send me your address in DM, will provide you with a N9 (used one but should work just fine ;-)) so that you can further develop fastern9.
Please, notice there's no guarantee I'll find out how to solve the problems FasterN9 has. When I started the development, I knew very little about optimizing a linux phone and learned a lot until now. Also, generally I take months to release a new version because that's the time it takes for me to realize something can be done to make the phone faster.

Besides, if you send me this phone, there's a little chance the mail will loose it and I don't receive it. If I receive it, I'll have to pay import taxes, but I'd do it happily.

What I'm trying to say is if you send me this phone, do not create expectations. It will be really nice for me to have a N9 again, specially because when my phone got just as fast as I wanted, it got broken. But further development of FasterN9 will require further research (which requires time) and that may have or not the desired results.

If you are still interested in doing it (please, be that the case!), say it. I would pay you for mailing (do you have a Paypal account?).

Thank you anyway.

hi! i have a problem with the last relase of fastern9 (1.1.5):

rocket (sometimes) photo timer and filter box crashes every time i launch it.

right now i went back to stable version of fastern9 and the problems are gone.

any ideas?

sorry for my bad english :-)

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Please, notice there's no guarantee I'll find out how to solve the problems FasterN9 has. When I started the development, I knew very little about optimizing a linux phone and learned a lot until now. Also, generally I take months to release a new version because that's the time it takes for me to realize something can be done to make the phone faster.

Besides, if you send me this phone, there's a little chance the mail will loose it and I don't receive it. If I receive it, I'll have to pay import taxes, but I'd do it happily.

What I'm trying to say is if you send me this phone, do not create expectations. It will be really nice for me to have a N9 again, specially because when my phone got just as fast as I wanted, it got broken. But further development of FasterN9 will require further research (which requires time) and that may have or not the desired results.

If you are still interested in doing it (please, be that the case!), say it. I would pay you for mailing (do you have a Paypal account?).

Thank you anyway.
No expectations, the community needs to benefit from this, btw we've time
Will reply to DM so we can work this out. :-)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wout.martens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Viet Nam
since i install fastern9 1.1.5 i have only problem is my screen doesnt turn off

Originally Posted by minhdale View Post
since i install fastern9 1.1.5 i have only problem is my screen doesnt turn off
Weird, second report of this kind...

Originally Posted by hugon9 View Post
hi! i have a problem with the last relase of fastern9 (1.1.5):

rocket (sometimes) photo timer and filter box crashes every time i launch it.

right now i went back to stable version of fastern9 and the problems are gone.

any ideas?

sorry for my bad english :-)
I'll try these applications as soon as I get a phone =)

Have been using 1.1.5 since the day of release, working well so far. The device feels faster even when many aplications are open. My only problem so far has been the Opera Mobile app, which is crashing or hanging frequently. By the way, I am using inception mode.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Hey traysh,

thanks for this awesome 'app'
I am using it since version 0.9.7 and never had problems with it. The stable release is really good and I installed v.1.1.4 other it a few months ago.
I am using v1.1.5 since release now (installed it other v1.1.4 without any problems; using inception) and noticed that wazapp is crashing much mor often now (anyone already reported it)... Also maybe this issue is caused by FasterN9?!

An other thing I noticed:

I often using a combination of apps: Facebook , Wazapp, TMO app, Musicplayer and sometimes also with Messageing-ui and Fennec (from store).
Already the combination of Fb, Wazapp, TMO and Musicplayer makes my N9 really laggy and I am not able to write fluend with the vkb (swipe) in Wazapp and the most annoying thing is the musicstuttering. If I will open fennec now the music will stop playing and pause itself..

Is this a limitation of N9's RAM or could it be working better?

The Following User Says Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vishwas View Post
Have been using 1.1.5 since the day of release, working well so far. The device feels faster even when many aplications are open. My only problem so far has been the Opera Mobile app, which is crashing or hanging frequently. By the way, I am using inception mode.
Second that. Opera Mobile's been crashing since I installed FasterN9 v.1.1.5. I'm also not noticing much of a difference in performance from 1.1.4, but then again I'm not in open mode or using inception.

Nonetheless, big ups for your great work. Each time I flash my phone, FasterN9 is always the first thing I install

The Following User Says Thank You to Janitor X For This Useful Post: