Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by anandv76 View Post
i have done both i.e. edited lxdefocus.desktop and xephfocus too but dont have any luck. when i run it, i get a message saying "all updates are complete" but the focus still doesnt move to lxde...could you please help?
Try the new Easy Debian package from Extras-devel, that should fix the problem. (You won't have to reinstall the image after this upgrade!)

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
LXDE is functional after the update but the new image broke the apt repository. I can't install packages cause ldconfig and locales are uninstallable. This sounds like a broken base-system issue.

Reinstall image?

thanks rebhana! i just updated a couple of days back to the v3d image, would i need to download the package and reinstall the image again please?

thanks rebhana! i just updated a couple of days back to the v3d image, would i need to download the package and reinstall the image again please?
As I already said: No!

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lazzarello View Post
LXDE is functional after the update but the new image broke the apt repository. I can't install packages cause ldconfig and locales are uninstallable. This sounds like a broken base-system issue.

Reinstall image?
The upgrade of Easy Debian from extras-devel does not do anything to the image. What did you do precisely?

Originally Posted by Honza. View Post
How can I do complete remove of easy debian? I installed many packages for experimenst. Now I want clean debian. I tried to delete image, uninstall easy debian via App manager. But settings, modifications, icons stills in LXDE. What I have to delete manually? Thanks
Nobody has an idea?

thanks rebhana, was just checking as you said "You won't have to reinstall the image after this upgrade!"...downloaded the package and testing it out now...

nice, works like a charm now...thanks rebhana!

but cant seem to get options to logout/shutdown? the application drop down isnt available...and i cant seem to logout...

but cant seem to get options to logout/shutdown? the application drop down isnt available...and i cant seem to logout...
If the top panel is missing - there are instructions in the wiki for that. But with an up-to-date image you shouldn't have such a problem.

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze