Active Topics

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
but that's all a matter of taste...
Yes indeed.

And that is why I like and use Maemo: ability to choose and customise.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
we don't actually
unless you have some proof, whether reasoned or other, feel free to shut up
or admit you are wrong
I love these trolls with 20 posts in a year telling me I'm Wrong They will be first to disappear again when they see consumer device launched
btw I'm going for a drink tonight with a Friend in the Know but no point sharing anything b/c its wrong any way.

Last edited by NvyUs; 2011-05-20 at 12:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^ post count /= IQ... not referring to you directly, just a general comment

to me home-screen is what makes UX different from each other (the rest is just "application launching area"). To me, the biggest glory of N900 lied in fantastic totally customizable home screen.

So if new Nokia device is deprived of it what is the difference between it an other "apps launching areas" of other OSs (as it seems it is only what is left (like iOS)

sorry I feel... disappointed

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XWY-15-J-697 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
Old phone , old specs.

Look at E7 and N8. Which one sold more ? We Nokians want it to succeed. Consumers want more streamlined device.

Geeks = Niche , sad but this is how it is.

/pardon my english
They should still provide an avenue to purchase one for those who are interested. Maybe like a developer purchase program or something. Not everyone can take time off to fly to a stupid Meego conference. If I would have known this was going to happen I would have just booked a flight and stayed at a friends house. It would have been cheaper then having to pay the ridiculous prices that will undoubtedly happen on Ebay due to the limited quantities of the keyboard version. Hell it might even end up being a good collectors item. The last open source phone + keyboard developed by Nokia.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
no b/c devs are maybe getting at MeeGo Conference and its on US soil
there are not being sold or distributed widely thus they don't need certification, do they?

N8 as no LED
Your right but it does have the red recording light.

I love these trolls with 20 posts in a year telling me I'm Wrong They will be first to disappear again when they see consumer device launched
btw I'm going for a drink tonight with a Friend in the Know but no point sharing anything b/c its wrong any way.
^ This. Why the skepticism when people who know are telling you.

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
you are even more ridiculous when you don't try then when you do
if the developer device is NOT going to be sold, why waste the money on certification? because it was once, years ago, supposed to be a customer device?
"The problem, says our source, is in relation to the “flimsy” hardware keyboard mechanism, which fell short of operator standards. "
http://eu.techcrunch.com/2011/02/12/...-first-device/

I'm guessing they didn't want problems with the FCC since they were going to be handing them out, or maybe selling them through back-channels.

Originally Posted by sevla View Post
They should still provide an avenue to purchase one for those who are interested. Maybe like a developer purchase program or something. Not everyone can take time off to fly to a stupid Meego conference. If I would have known this was going to happen I would have just booked a flight and stayed at a friends house. It would have been cheaper then having to pay the ridiculous prices that will undoubtedly happen on Ebay due to the limited quantities of the keyboard version. Hell it might even end up being a good collectors item. The last open source phone + keyboard developed by Nokia.
don't worry, you'll be able to get a RM-680 from your favourite phone shop for free w/ a one or two yrs subscription

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland