Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by zanna View Post
THE answer, and it came in the first reply too!
I'm really not too convinced by the CP-321. It looks quite tight and I'm not sure how convenient it would be getting the device in and out of it when a call comes in. Maybe useful when just carrying it around, but doesn't look that great for day to day use.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I'm going to strap my n900 to my wrist to be a permanent cyborg :-)

seriously, a simple/thin leather sleeve and probably a decent ultra-clear type screen protector.

I still use my n800 in the cloth sock provided, with a bit of velcro stuck to the back of the n800 so that it doesn't slide out too easily, and only recently replaced the factory-fitted screen "protector" with a reasonable quality replacement (it was looking pretty cloudy!)

New member guys and n900 soon to be! saw this thread and thought I'd see your thoughts on these.

http://www.fommy.com/accessories.asp...N900&cat=CASES

The Following User Says Thank You to bigdrum For This Useful Post:
also this company looks good for screen protection.

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...900-27604.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigdrum For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by davidian View Post
So, does anyone know which one of these screen protectors would be the best:

DuraSec HighTec, Vikuiti DQC-160 or Vikuiti ARMR200?
I can't say anything about Durasec. But at Vikuiti in my opinion the DQC-160 is for the N900 better than the ARMR200, because the ARMR200 has a Anti-reflective coating. It reducec the light a little bit and I read a test, because of this coating the screen is a little bit blurry (matt). This dosn't matter at a screen with a low resolution, but at the N900 I'll prefer the DQC-160 because of that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Guys, don't know if you would be intersted but I have recieved the following from Zagg (invisible sheilds - google if you have not seen them before):

"David Dickson,

Recently, you submitted your name to send us your Nokia N900 for us to design an invisibleSHIELD for it. We have now received enough requests for this device that we would like to design an invisibleSHIELD for it.
"

So I guess they will be making it after it is released, problem is you may have to wait for the skin as it probably won't be around for a few weeks after the release.

If you haven't seen these before, I can recommend them very highly as I have one for my N95. They are very good for protection/anti glare and has saved my N95 from quite a few stratches!! The installation is relatively simple and easy and has very low impact on the device as the skin is very very thin, also it helps with the grip on the device as well, which might be useful for the one handed landscape mode! They also offer just the screen cover (rather than the whole body) on many of the devices on the website so I guess they will for N900 too, but I would go for the whole thing!

The only point I would add is that the N95 is not touch screen so I can't comment on if this affects the touch screen aspect in anyway but I guess not as there are other sheilds for touch screen devices on the website.

Hope that helps/adds another option.....

It'll be interesting how they design around the proximity sensor.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Are these not worth getting unless you're not spending £8/10 plus? I had a cheap one on my old school ipod for a good few years with no problems but suppose it may be a different kettle of fish with a touch screen device.

I am thinking of waiting for a Noreve case when it comes out. Does anyone have experience with them. Here is a review about the n97 case and I assume the n900 case will be similar.

http://www.casescoop.com/2009/07/03/...ack-by-noreve/

The Following User Says Thank You to jandmdickerson For This Useful Post:

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector