Active Topics

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
never mind they work in a standby mode

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
wow...
a criminal without any values or regard for others. i'm happy you're not staying.
You know what they say. "Honk if you love Jesus. Text if you want to meet him."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Anyone else missing File Manager after update? Luckilly ive got a shortcut on desktop but cannot find it in the aplications menu??

FM not missing after my update.

Originally Posted by messus View Post
Eg. I cant answer an sms while driving a car with this unit (and do not tell me I should not type messages while driving, that is MY choice!)..
You do not want to type messages while driving. You want to go home and rethink your life.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grant For This Useful Post:
Had a bump in the road during my update because I had vpnc installed.. but got that fixed. Now everything works great. Some of my shortcuts on my desktop went away but after readding them they stay.

The whole machine is definitely faster which I very much appreciate. Portrait mode isnt all its cracked up to be.

SMS in portrait mode with some sort of input keyboard would be good for one-handed texting but no big deal.

So far, so good!

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Just did the update OTA. No problems at all, went perfectly just like the 1st one. It's early but so far I've found none of the bugs others here are reporting like messed-up wifi, calendar, etc. All my settings and custom configuration are intact. But my N900 has been rock-solid through heavy use since I got it and I've been very careful and conservative about what apps I install so I didn't expect any trouble.

Not a blockbuster update but I didn't expect it to be. Some nice improvements to the browser, other subtle stuff. Overall, good job Nokia!
Registered Linux user #266531.

Just noticed in the last hour, the device is unable to log-in to google IM account. No problem from my PC. I'm pretty sure during this hour, the battery dropped from 78% to 72% free. The phone feels slightly warmer than usual

anyone else in USA?

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
"I wouldn't tell you to not text and drive, but many police authorities in states will tell you, based on their laws. Are your texts that important to risk the lives of others on the road? If so, why not just get a bluetooth enabled device to just "talk" to the person, given the urgency and importance of your communication."

not the point noone is asking for le=ctures just to be able to send a quick one handy perhaps cheeky even perhaps illegal text- noone wants a lecture on here.

guys dont have a pop , the function is still needed - if i am crammed in on a train going to london- i may not have room to send i two handed txt- . this feature is still needed

Last edited by mysticrokks; 2010-01-14 at 18:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to mysticrokks For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
...not the point noone is asking for le=ctures just to be able to send a quick one handy perhaps cheeky even perhaps illegal text- noone wants a lecture on here
Lecture? Well, when my life is at stake, I do what I can. Re-read my post and look for the suggestion I made, given the lack of "full portrait mode".

The Following User Says Thank You to colnago For This Useful Post:
I've just download the update. After the download had completed my N900 rebooted and I get this message :
Code:
Installing software update.
Please do not interrupt.
After 1min it reboots again, and I get the same screen again.
I can't connect to my pc to back it up (windows 7 32bit).
Can someone help?

Tags
goodbye, sad sadavyk and messus