Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ sjdm,bulacan,philippines
wow! this is really great. can anyone show us the link how to download this except fr0m the extra devel repository in our mobile. would u mind to post it here? thanks

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Italy
why don't you add pseudo-T9 support like in FastSMS application?! that would be great!!!

Is there still a possibility to have a switch to turn on and off the portrait keyboard?

What is going on with this project? Have you guys given up or just busy with other things? I really think a QWERTY feature should be implemented into it at least then we have a more usable portrait function,

T9 would be AMAZING but the multi tap input is painful and unpractical to use so QWERTY is needed

i tried it and i like it. but i think qwerty in portrait would be the best. any update?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ricardo8 View Post
wow! this is really great. can anyone show us the link how to download this except fr0m the extra devel repository in our mobile. would u mind to post it here? thanks
what difference does poisonous fruits have when you eat one @home and another @work?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
what difference does poisonous fruits have when you eat one @home and another @work?
coz this application is useful for me when i am travelling. then when im just at h0me,i prefer to use the default qwerty keyboard in landscape. but if ever there is a qwerty keyboard in portrait,thats the best! install-uninstall-install.... gets?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ricardo8 View Post
coz this application is useful for me when i am travelling. then when im just at h0me,i prefer to use the default qwerty keyboard in landscape. but if ever there is a qwerty keyboard in portrait,thats the best! install-uninstall-install.... gets?
you must have huge difficulties understanding metaphors?

e: I'll help you a bit:

what difference does it make to install potentially dangerous software from extras-devel (@work) and some 3rd party repository (@home)?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-07-12 at 06:16.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Ricardo, just enable extras-devel, DON'T update anything until you disable Extras-Devel, go to the downloads in app-manager, find "Portrait-Keyboard", install that, and then disable extras-devel. You're more at risk having someone slip you bad software by asking for links then if you go into Maemo.org's official repositories, I think.

As for everyone asking about what's going on with this project: Read the first post. There's a link in it to where it's being worked on:

http://gitorious.org/hildon-portrait-keyboard

Latest change was Sunday, June 27th. So it's sorta stagnated, but not long enough to believe that it's not going to get done at all. (Though it does look like a few other people are working on it more than the original posters. *Shrug*)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-07-18 at 16:03. Reason: Inserted extra info in parenthetical.

Would it be possible to have a keyboard like the one in Opera

Originally Posted by bachagabriel View Post
The on-screen keyboard in Opera mini is perfect.

I still don't understand why don't we have a portrait QWERTY keyboard

Tags
hit and run, worthless