Notices

Hi, I am new to linux and maemo. I think maemo5 is very nice with lots of customization options and useful applications. I would like to have a digital clock widget as found in HTC handsets. Or there is something similar already?

The Following User Says Thank You to wittyheart For This Useful Post:
abrt
Automatic Bug Reporting Tool

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
i am missing a game called legacy which you can find at redshift.hu, i used play it since 2005 when i had my communicator but lack of support for new mobiles i lost it really would be nice if someone can port it to maemo..... it will really talk me back to the days of my communicator

The Following User Says Thank You to richard.lawry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bigears5000 View Post
I know it's already been mentioned, but I find that the n900 lacks a really good music player. Especially because of the amount of storage we have on this device. Rockbox looks really promising with lots of customization, but a nice, easy to use and well set out gui is a must for me as well on a music player, which rockbox simply doesn't have ( maybe this will change) Something along the lines of real player.
Any music player with gapless playback would be nice...

<fx: waits hopefully for an avalanches of posts pointing out the players which do this I have overlooked...>

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Id like a faster phone app, a faster better email app (think froyo)..

what else... mms that I can get to work ...

videocalling would rock, but who the hell uses that anyways.

and obviously portrait mode across the board. defiitely that.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Forgot to add in my last post here---I wish for a white/pink/brown noise making application. Like at this site:
www.playnoise.com
I'd like to not have to use the internet to do this. [Would be really nice to have one for my N800 also, which I use as an alarm clock now. That site will not work with the N800 browser.]

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Hmm, lots of great suggestions here. We should probably make a wiki page classifying the suggestions into various headings like Mutimedia, Productivity, Office, Impossible dreams, etc.

Anyway, one more suggestion for an from my side: a wolfram alpha app. I dunno if api is available, but interested developers can check this page: http://products.wolframalpha.com/developers/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
i miss Whatsapp and Tango love to see this soon...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mathina8 For This Useful Post:
- Universal bootloader without flash each boot another kernel (can be u-boot support for NITdroid and others)

- Wi-Fi Direct support. This is not ad-hoc mode
Wi-Fi Direct devices can support the Power Save.
Wi-Fi Direct devices can support the group connection.
Wi-Fi Direct support not require new hardware to operate,
only software upgrade.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EugeneS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
*! Calling mostly designers here: A very good Helsinki city public transport trip planner program. This project is somewhat already started with few interested coders. Any designers wanna join in?

* A sure working Google Calendar syncing app with nice looking and intuitive UI. (Erminig-NG is about 50% here, any designers looking for a challenge?)

* Spotify app (that doesn't stop working after every Spotify update) with a good UI.

* Word Processing app: doesn't have to include dictionary from get-go, just give good options to format text and save in universal formats.

* App (or perhaps daemon?) to pick up on when you've clicked on a YouTube link, and launches the video in CuteTube. Other alternative: tweak MicroB to play YouTube videos as well (in same video quality) as CuteTube.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:

Tags
applications, coding, competition, ideas, nokia n900