Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Thank you for a great application.

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
Thanks for your feedbacks.

1- You have to hold the button down for moving/deleting a station, consider it a prevention against taps by mistake.

3- I have not implemented portrait mode yet, that's why you see a bad layout.

4- I had to do this because sometimes the radio hang on and needs to be restarted, so the autoscan can coninue from where it was.

5- That is something I'm still failing to realize why it happens.

6- Which version are you using? I think I have (finally) fixed it with last version.
1- Ok. Work. But I perform the action check out the list and requires to enter each time you make a change.

6- Qradio v0.3.8

Have you ever received a phone call while listening the radio??

In my case the person on the other side can listen the radio instaed of my voice...

bye
Mr.Rent

Originally Posted by Mr.Rent View Post
Have you ever received a phone call while listening the radio??

In my case the person on the other side can listen the radio instaed of my voice...

bye
Mr.Rent
In my case it frozes the microfone and the other side cant't hear me (a knowed bug).

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
QRadio is an FM Radio application written in C++/Qt.
It uses the QtMobility/Multimedia library and has a "digital" look.

Requested features:
  • Saving stations with a custom string: on to do, low priority.
  • AutoScan saving to list: on to do, low priority.
  • Wider freq range: not possible, or solution not in my knowledge.
  • Showing radio own volume control: on to do, low priority
  • Headphones plug check at startup: rejected, maybe in future
  • Changing freq with a slider: rejected
Do you think it's possible to assign a key (camera button? volume slider?, microphone button of the earphone? )

to skip saved station? that would be real cool.. I could change station while riding my bicycle

I think this mod was already done for the mediaplayer to skipt trax..

bye
Mr.Rent

same thing with my phone..
the person on the other side can listen the radio..

Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
Thanks for this great app, used for about half hour with no problem. The only problem is that the microphone does not work after i close the program but i found the temporary solution here which is to open fm radio then close it again and mic is working. Hope this bug gets fixed soon so that i can get to delete fm radio.
I'm not a developer, but I wonder whether there is something in the code of FM Radio that could help for solving this issue with Qradio?
By the way, if you plug a regular headphone (instead than Nokia's), the problem doesn't get fixed and you need to restart.

Originally Posted by maemomatic View Post
I'm not a developer, but I wonder whether there is something in the code of FM Radio that could help for solving this issue with Qradio?
By the way, if you plug a regular headphone (instead than Nokia's), the problem doesn't get fixed and you need to restart.
You can fix it by starting the old FM-radio application :-)
After that, the microphone works again.

So yes, QRadio author should look what FM-radio does in its code.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by awygas View Post
same thing with my phone..
the person on the other side can listen the radio..
Would be a nice idea to use that as answering machine:

"Never boring answering machine music anymore with the N900, people who call you will hear the current radio instead!".

The Following User Says Thank You to Crogge For This Useful Post:
@gionni88,

have you given up the development of qradio? It's a very nice application, but it should at least be solved the bug of the microphone.

Thanks anyway for these ap.

No, I have not given up its development. Problem is I can't find a way to fix these bugs: I have followed all documentation I could find about it, but the qt mobility class for the radio (QRadioTuner) is not working as it should.

I can't start and stop the radio when I want, so I can't stop it when app closes or with an incoming call listening to dbus.

Sound stops suddenly without a reason, and it's not related to how I coded it, even the radio app from mobility examples (in devel) does it.

Mixers value get "mixed" without a reason and doesn't get fixed at app exit (probably because the stop function doesn't work...) and I have tried playing with a alsamixer having VU meter on trying to find what changes.

There are two others fm players working using gtk and hildon libraries: my developing skills are not that good and I have few time due to university to learn about gtk and fmtx use, I'll get a look at new mobility libraries Attila is uploading to see if I can get something good.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post: