Hi all, I'm a new proud N900 user from Italy.

In this thread I did not see any experience about updating to PR 1.3.1 over kernel power V48 (I'm not using CSSU, only kernel power).

Any known issues in doing that?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Detroit, MI
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post

In this thread I did not see any experience about updating to PR 1.3.1 over kernel power V48 (I'm not using CSSU, only kernel power).

Thanks in advance
I am running 1.3.1 with kp48 with no problems. However, it happened that I did full reflash first, then got this update and then installed kp48.

The Following User Says Thank You to arcticrobot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post

Thanks in advance
Hi!

I had kp42, updated to PR 1.3.1, and after that updated to kp 48, no issues for me!

The Following User Says Thank You to mirciox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
i got update notication today via ovi suite. it says-
version 21.2011.38-1 required-
-improved features and performance
-updated applications
-better stability...............
it was only security update or the others features were also updated??? did anyone notice other improvements?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
As for the CSSU, they can already pull the 0.2.0 maemo-security-certman into their own maemo-security-certman tree (if they havent already done so), its just the update to maemo-security-certman-applet they are waiting for Nokia on. I suspect that maemo-security-certman-applet will remain closed source but with permission given to the CSSU to distribute the maemosec-certman-applet_0.1.4+0m5_armel.deb and libmaemosec-certman-applet0_0.1.4+0m5_armel.deb packages.

The good thing is that with maemo-security-certman being LGPL and open source, updating it with new root certificate sets in the future is definatly possible.
0.2.0 was again, added in 16.8 from the git repo.
The CSSU update should be out by tomorrow, I'll make a thread about something related soon.

Nokia gave us a go ahead on copying the closed binary to the CSSU repo so the next update can depend on it.

The last part you mentioned is already on Nokia's/maintainer's roadmap, future updates will be on the git repo and will be pulled into the CSSU.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Should I remove the Nokia repos out of the catalog when
using CSSU? I am upgrading my phone most times via
apt-get.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by bingomion View Post
I dont use CSSU, I love portrait.
And i'm not sure i will update this patch either
I don't care much for portrait either, but there are lots of other fixes in CSSU that make it well worth the upgrade. In fact, one of the nicer widgets they offer is a way to force rotation off, which I've pretty much locked in the "force all off" position. I just upgraded 2 months ago, but can tell you there's lots more in there, stability/speed wise.

The latest CSSU (16.8) is quite stable. Well worth it IMHO. Kudos to the CSSU team for all the great work they've done.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by ammuvi View Post
Today i was updated pr 1.3.1,after that i noticed one small change in Microb.That is if we want to go TO browser history we swipe on screen from right to left.But now another short cut was PRESSING THE BACK < button little continuous will quickly going to the Browser history(i dont know whether it is allready exists!,i noticed just now after the update).
A BIG THANKS TO NOKIA & CSSU FOR GIVING THAT UPDATE.
That feature aleady exists ages ago

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
Since my ipod broke i've been using my N900 to listen to tunes on the way into work. I updated over the air this evening and on my way home I forgot about the update and was listening to music again.

Don't know how or why but the audio quality was far superior.

Since i got home i finally bit the bullet and installed CSSU. Curiosity got the better of me, have to say.. great job guys! It's great that Nokia haven't forgotten about us, but they should really tip their hats to what's been accomplished in the community.

I have applied the new version and have had major issues......

1. My battery was drained by 50% in 30 mins with Data on.
2. The phone is very 'laggy' between applications and screens
3. Browsers (including Firefox) are slow with data and display
4. Skype has caused major issues including corrupting my contacts, freezing the phone and rebooting my phone when and while attempting a phone call

I Have not been entirely happy with my N900 as it has always been 'laggy' and some application boot times have been bad.

I wanted to upgrade to the N9 with Meego but just can't get over:

1. capacitive screen ( I don't know how women use a capacitive screen considering they would use their fingernails!!)
2. no physical keyboard (I need tactile touch, can't type without it)
3. Added hardware and functions my N900 has including none removable battery, smaller memory, etc...

I have never touched the iphone for these last two reasons and due to the Apple OS

Regards,
nilezy

Tags
security