Notices

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
how can i reach the (GConf key/apps/headset-control) ??
That's what i'm trying to figure out too :/

i've been going everywhere in the root and didn't found out
i guess neither the creator of the application knows

how can i reach the (GConf key/apps/headset-control) ??
Originally Posted by Breathoffire View Post
That's what i'm trying to figure out too :/
You are supposed to type the following command as is in terminal

Originally Posted by Biga View Post
I guess,
gconftool-2 --set /apps/headset-control/next-mode --type bool true

Maybe it would be better to make this default behavior?
To set it back put false instead of true.You can also use a gconf editor (risky if you don't know what you are doing) from repos to do the above.

The Following User Says Thank You to techie For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
AD-54 does not work. It's not listed as compatible with N900 either.
Is it possible to get this to work? (Maybe in a future release?)

Well nobody knows how it actually works, or if N900 is able to energize whatever microcontroller sits in it. Heck, we don't even know if it actually transmits commands over the cable or if it sneakily creates a bluetooth connection.

Originally Posted by techie View Post
You are supposed to type the following command as is in terminal

To set it back put false instead of true.You can also use a gconf editor (risky if you don't know what you are doing) from repos to do the above.
i've tried (gconftool-2 --set /apps/headset-control/next-mode --type bool true) in terminal but didn't get me anywhere i guess it was "wrong input"

i've tried (gconftool-2 --set /apps/headset-control/next-mode --type bool true) in terminal but didn't get me anywhere i guess it was "wrong input"
Didn't take you anywhere?? where did you think it will take you. Where do u wanna go? The command simply changes the behavior of the headset button to switch to next track instead of pausing.The value "false" makes the button pause/play the song again.It isn't going to take you anywhere

Originally Posted by techie View Post
Didn't take you anywhere?? where did you think it will take you. Where do u wanna go? The command simply changes the behavior of the headset button to switch to next track instead of pausing.The value "false" makes the button pause/play the song again.It isn't going to take you anywhere
by not taking me anywhere i meant leads to nothing and leads to nothing is not like i'm in the road and i took the wrong way so it lead to nothing its just expression
anyway in the terminal it says "gconftool-2 --set is not a command type gconftool-2 --help for help" and in help didn't really help me

did u do it and worked ?

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
all multi button wired headsets won't work with N900 without massive wizardry to the AV detection drivers. Maybe hardware is completely incapable of dealing with them.
A usual one button headset simply shorts the mic ring to ground on button push, that's why mic ceases to record during button hold, and that's also the reason mic(-bias) has to be enabled for button to work.
I probed on one of those multi button wired Nokia headsets, and found no reasonable behaviour of mic, by using a voltmeter for resistance probing. As I got no N95 or similar, I wasn't able to probe the thing in action, so protocol used to signal button press is unknown (maybe it's really BT as shadowjk suggested :-P). Without one of a) headset schematics, b) N95 (or similar) schematics, c) protocol specs, the only way to find out is somebody with N95 and MB headset and scope does some probing.
Until then, no luck with multi button, positively

[edit] meanwhile somebody allowed me to have a look at N95 schematics, and it seems the *hardware* isn't that much different to N900 for AV. Means it might be actually feasible to implement proper support for multibutton wired headsets, by patching the kernel drivers. Still missing is a proper analysis or spec of the protocol

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2010-09-10 at 11:55.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
all multi button wired headsets won't work with N900 without massive wizardry to the AV detection drivers. Maybe hardware is completely incapable of dealing with them.
A usual one button headset simply shorts the mic ring to ground on button push, that's why mic ceases to record during button hold, and that's also the reason mic(-bias) has to be enabled for button to work.
I probed on one of those multi button wired Nokia headsets, and found no reasonable behaviour of mic, by using a voltmeter for resistance probing. As I got no N95 or similar, I wasn't able to probe the thing in action, so protocol used to signal button press is unknown (maybe it's really BT as shadowjk suggested :-P). Without one of a) headset schematics, b) N95 (or similar) schematics, c) protocol specs, the only way to find out is somebody with N95 and MB headset and scope does some probing.
Until then, no luck with multi button, positively
/j
Really usefull, should have read this first !

Tags
ad-54/hs-45, headset button