Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Any updates on this? Will this use the latest release of the SDK?

I just read that it was released --- I plan on updating the scripts tonight so that it will pull the final SDK image. ;-)

Nathan

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
OKay, I tried redownloading the 7z and when I run step 1 (install scratchbox, a window opens for a second and then closes). And there is no Maemo Install folder on the desktop. Step 2 does the same thing.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit, and I followed the instructions on the wiki. Any help greatly appreciated.
I'm going to guess that the "old" scripts are pulling from a location that has been deleted by Nokia now that the Release version has been released. I'll be getting it updated tonight. (And post in this thread when it is all set)

Nathan

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
(And post in this thread when it is all set)
You might want to start a new thread if you get the final SDK content working, to avoid you new users going through 140 posts.

Also feel free adding a link to your project page at http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation - it's a simple wiki page linked at the SDK release announcement and many new developers might start looking there for community alternatives.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
I've updated the SVN so it now has the two new scripts from Nokia, and updated the "calling" script and verified it worked.

If you have a clean VM from (i.e as it comes from me w/o the scratchbox and sdk installed) it should automatically update you to the latest scripts before you install and you should be set to go.

If you have already installed the sratchbox and sdk, you can try the step 1 install again and it "might" upgrade it properly. I'm not 100% sure as I have not done a SDK beta 2 -> Final test yet and I "stupidly" deleted my beta 2 vm hd when I was testing the final sdk version. I'm going to try and see if I can re-create a beta2 sdk hd so I can test beta 2 -> final upgrade.

Feel free to try your self. But I do know for sure those who start with a clean drive will get sdk final installed.

Nathan.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Same thing that was happening before, should I re-download and try again? Well that is what I'm doing, so I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks Nathan,

Same thing that was happening before, should I re-download and try again? Well that is what I'm doing, so I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks Nathan,

Weird, I just took a stock "vm" image that I created; modified updated the two scripts from Nokia, updated my script that calls them. Ran it to verify I didn't do any typo's. ;-) Then submitted the changes back to the server.

Is there a new link I should be downloading from?

Is there a new link I should be downloading from?
No the current VM image .02 should auto-update the scripts when you go to start the install and when it "updates" the scripts from SVN you'll get the latest scripts.

Nathan.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Do I need to uninstall/reinstall anything prior to running the image?

Do I need to uninstall/reinstall anything prior to running the image?
Well, if the vhd image is stock (i.e. nothing installed yet) -- it should automatically pick up the new scripts -- when you go to start your installation. But if you want to manually run the Update script in the "Maemo_Install" root directory; which does a force svn update to the scripts you can first. It should update two scripts, install two scripts (new final scripts) and delete two scripts (old beta scripts).

Nathan.

Tags
development, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, programming, sdk, virtual machine, virtualpc, windows, windows 7