Notices

Hi

This seems very interesting - the inability to synchronise calendar over IP is one of the major drawbacks of the n900.
What I need is to sync with Oracle Calendar (directly, not via google or the like).
I have installed Syncevoltion with GUI, and there is a Oracle tab, that I tried to fill in with the relevant informatin, but it didn't work
Anybody got this to work?
And if so, how
Can I just use the GUI, or do I need to do some magic in a terminal?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Sorry, but I am still trying to get sync between my N900 and a new server setup to work. Never ending story. Sync between evolution running on my laptop and the server works but N900<->server produces the following error messages:

Code:
Nokia-N900-51-1:~$ syncevolution funambol
Local data changes to be applied to server during synchronization:
*** memo ***
Comparison was impossible.
*** calendar ***
*** addressbook ***

[INFO] CurlTransport Failure: couldn't connect to host
[INFO] SyncContext: resend previous request #1
[INFO] CurlTransport Failure: couldn't connect to host
[INFO] Transport giving up after 1 retries and 6:18min
[ERROR] transport failed, retry period exceeded
The network connection N900<->server is estabished via usb. I can ping the server from the N900. After a couple of minutes, however, pinging is not possible anymore. Maybe, some energy saving mode blocks the connection?

Any ideas?

Last edited by joschum; 2010-05-12 at 16:42.

Originally Posted by nikul.padhya View Post
What is Status code 401.

while syncing with google. should i use my "username@gmail.com"
or just "username"

Thank you.
I guess you're using the gui. It auto capitalises the username and password, for Google the password is case sensitive so check if that;s the problem, it was for me and I felt so stupid when I noticed!

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Great, that works also with my provider O2 Germany.

Thanks,
nexus

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
i tried syncing my contacts with funambol and it looks like it works wel except for the pictures. i have pictures assigned to 80% of my contacts and they aren't syned to funambol.

after that i tried syncing to Google and no pictures there either. is syncevolution able to sync the pictures? anyone have a working setup?

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany / Mainz
i have no solution but the same problem, would be nice to get this solved... but i don't now maybe it's a limitation of the funambol server!?

After weeks of strugling, I got syncevolution work with Oracle Beehive.

Instructions can be found here : http://syncevolution.org/wiki/nokia-n900-oracle-beehive

Cheers

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
I have tried to setup a Google sync but it fails. Standard installation and I chose the Google template. Entered my credentials (with correct capitalisation).
First sync with only contacts enabled works. When enabling calendar sync fails with "Error 404".
I enabled the calendar sync, entered calendar database as "<firstname> <lastname>" as it is listed as in the webbrowser(Google). I have tried all the options "Normal sync", "Slow sync", ...

Just for testing I changed the Contacts database from "contacts" to "contactss" and disabled calendar sync. Then I got the Error 404 again. So what is wrong. Am I entering the wrong name as my Google calendar database?

Last edited by jerra; 2010-06-02 at 06:35.

Originally Posted by jerra View Post
First sync with only contacts enabled works. When enabling calendar sync fails with "Error 404".
Google does not provide SyncML for calendar, only for contacts.

The Following User Says Thank You to noname42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
OK, Nuevasync it is...

Tags
calendar sync, maemo 5