Active Topics

E71. I must say I love the N900 but do miss some symbian apps. Getting Joikusport for n900 helped. Still waiting for audible support. Tried garnet but crashes whenever I try to play file.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Philippines
I owned an iPhone prior to getting my N900.

take a look at my nokia n900 unboxing photos here and unboxing videos here

my n900 review here.

Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
First phone I had was the Nokia 7210, then I got the 6820, and my god I loved that phone so much. I disappeared from society for a while, and then when I returned I got the 6102 which I didn't like too much. Kept that for a while, and I got the N82 and my world changed, during that time I also got the N810. I upgraded this past fall to the N86, but didn't feel that phone was that much of a jump over the N82, and the camera sure didn't feel like it. I wasn't disappointed, just a little jaded, then I saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbxyLnwFSvI after I saw that I knew I had to have it, I already was using the hell out of my N810 and wasn't super happy with my N86, so I sold that went back to the N82 in the meantime, and bought the N900. When it arrived my life changed once again. I still use the N82 if I'm going out and hitting the sauce, its a durable phone with a ridiculous camera for night shots, and on trips I still bring my N810 along and load a few movies. However the jewel of my mobile family is the N900 for sure.
cool story

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester,UK
Originally Posted by Ali_rshojakhani View Post
wow doesnt using se for 6 years make u a hardbound se user??
i like how u've suddenly shifted to n900... i know a guy that used to say okia phones are crap and stuff like that... but he is now drooling to own an n900!
hahahhaa.wel i was the sameee, but if nokia were stil on symbian only i wouldt have got 1, would have went with android instead

Sadly mine was the N97..hence the N900 upgrade..

N95 for me. Had N97 for three days but was just too terrible and I returned it and was going to get something else before I stumbled on the upcoming N900 so decided to wait for it. This was way back in August so I had to wait a real real long time to get it (November).

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
First phone I had was the Nokia 7210, then I got the 6820, and my god I loved that phone so much. I disappeared from society for a while, and then when I returned I got the 6102 which I didn't like too much. Kept that for a while, and I got the N82 and my world changed, during that time I also got the N810. I upgraded this past fall to the N86, but didn't feel that phone was that much of a jump over the N82, and the camera sure didn't feel like it. I wasn't disappointed, just a little jaded, then I saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbxyLnwFSvI after I saw that I knew I had to have it, I already was using the hell out of my N810 and wasn't super happy with my N86, so I sold that went back to the N82 in the meantime, and bought the N900. When it arrived my life changed once again. I still use the N82 if I'm going out and hitting the sauce, its a durable phone with a ridiculous camera for night shots, and on trips I still bring my N810 along and load a few movies. However the jewel of my mobile family is the N900 for sure.
i had a 7210 about 5 years back. that thing was basically indestructable! when it did finally start going wrong it recieved no end of physical punishment, including being thrown across the room at the wall and bursting into peices and being stamped on when the display would go blank blue. funnily stamping on it fixed the display issue. the case got pretty mangled but some super glue fixed that. it was one tough phone alright! i'll never treat my N900 that way of course.its far too special.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oxford , England
Samsung G600
EPIC FAIL!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bulgaria
Htc hd, i am little disappointed from maemo vs win mobile. GPS ON N900 SUCKS, BUT INTERNET BROWSER ROCKS

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Ericsson all my life, first a few simple ones like the GH-688, and 868, but mainly the P-series smart phones (I had the Sony-Ericsson P800, Sony-Ericsson P900i, Sony-Ericsson P990i, Sony-Ericsson P1i). I loved the P-series: The p800 and p900 really blew my mind when they came out. But SE started dropping the ball with the P990i and the P1i. Finally, when they went WinMo with Xperia, I started looking elsewhere.

I had been thinking of the OpenMoko, but it never got stable enough to be even a little usable. I was about to get an Android when I got to know about the N900. When I found out that Nokia were making an open-source phone with full Nokia-level support for OS and basic apps, full keyboard and flagship level hardware (i.e. camera, GPS, WLAN, 3G, 600MHz Arm-8, etc) I was sold in an instant!

It wasn't until I had had the N900 a few weeks that the full meaning of the N900 sunk in. Why have only a phone in your pocket, when you can have a full scale computer? That makes the N900 a new generation beyond the Android and iPhone. It makes the step from a smart-phone like the SE-P1i to the N900 as big as the step from an old mobile phone to a smart-phone.