Notices

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
woooohooooo :P

nice work guys! all thumbs up!

2009 Audi A3 (already facelift) with Radio Concert and Bluetooth Preparation works flawlessly!

i've updated the wiki with my car information.

greetings from germany! and BIG THANKS again! (:

The Following User Says Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
@everyone who used the .deb files for installing:

Can you please report
- if you see the false Maemo 5 update announcement in App Manager (In case you have NOT removed the mp-fremantle-* package) and
- if you are able to transfer files via Bluetooth between N900 and your PC or not

I *think* the first issue is solved with the new .deb files from mirakels and the second (broken Bluetooth file transfer) is not related to the updated obex but to Bluetooth chipsets not listed here: PC Suire System Requirements

Just want to have some confirmation before I delete these problems from the known issue list in the wiki...

Thanks!

Great and unbelievable!! Thanx to the team efforts. Garmin nuvi confirmed. Just two remarks: something wrong with UTF encoding on some of two ends: cyrillics went as codes while Garmin generally support UTF... One more: recently dialed/answered/missed calls list is supported but contains contacts with whom I had only IM chat but no phone calls at all.
The fix of the encoding issue is very needed as now this function remains unusable to me...

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria / Voecklabruck
Hi!

Today i gave the Bluetooth PBAP and IrMC a try with my standalone device called Clarion CZ 309 E (see SUPPORTED MEDIA in this link).
So i installed both deb files as mentioned in the wiki (from 18.08.2010)
Installation seemd ok, no errors..
Then i started a call using "adress phonebook", but after about 10 sec my device said "no matches", also tried "recieved" , "incoming calls",... but always "no matches".

attached i have the hcidump file "hcilog.txt" and the sysklogd file "syslog.txt" which i edited...hopefully not too much ;-)

I hope that someone is able to read these files and give me a hint whats going wrong. or if i could test another version?

thanks & greets from austria!
drnorton
Attached Files
File Type: txt hcilog.txt (10.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: txt syslog.txt (8.2 KB, 148 views)

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
drnorton,
your syslog shows that obexd is started but that some error occurs. maybe there is some other obex proces running?
the hcidump is unreadable. It the hcidump viewer crashes when reading your logfile. The logfile probably got mangled in transfering to the website (it actually is not a txt file but a binary file).

Please test again and verify obexd is running. E.G ru the 'ps | grep obex; grep command and show the output here.

Also package the logfiles in a zip fie or so so

Hi Mirakles,

Okay, now i put both logfiles in the attached zipfile (hcidump & syslog) syslog is edited...

And the output of the ps command is:
Code:
/home/user # ps | grep obex
 1281 user      8316 S    /usr/lib/obex/obexd --nodaemon --opp --ftp --pbap --i
 1869 root      2092 S    grep obex
Thanks drnorton
Attached Files
File Type: zip logfiles.zip (26.6 KB, 96 views)

The hcidump does not show any phonebook transfer request (besides the low level AT commands that are not supported). think you did not wait long enough or yo may need to initiate a phonebook transfer from the clarion itself,

PS: I noticed obexd is started without debugging, so we do not see much from the syslog either.

To enable obexd debugs you should add the --debug option in the
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/obexd2.service file (for example just before the --nodaemon option).
(guess this info needs to be added to the wiki)

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
t
- if you see the false Maemo 5 update announcement in App Manager (In case you have NOT removed the mp-fremantle-* package) and
- if you are able to transfer files via Bluetooth between N900 and your PC or not!
- no update to see here. (extras-devel not enabled)
- file transfer works like a charme.

The Following User Says Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
Hi Mirakles...

Could you please have another look at my logfiles?

Hope that it will be possible with my device to use the phone adressbook

i tried it severeal times to start a connction from my car-radio, it say connected, but when i initiate to transfer e.g. phonebook ..for about 10 sec it says waiting..and then no matches...

ps grep obex output is now with --debub

thanks a lot

drnorton
Attached Files
File Type: zip logfiles.zip (14.1 KB, 78 views)

I'm sorry drnorton,
from the hcilog I see your n900 advertises the obex services but the carkit does not initiate any obex phonebook transfer.

The syslog shows no obexd logs. Did you restart obexd after adding the --debug (not --debub)?

You can maybe also get some info supported services from the carkit with the following commadn on the n900:

sdptool browse <carkit-bleutooth-address>

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile