Active Topics

Notices

I once had a job for a software company, where the owner would think of software ideas, and we would produce software.

"I want a piece of software that automatically emails an email when XXX happens in [some other piece of software the company had]"

I would make a piece of software exactly as he described it, and my response would be "That is not what I asked for. it's difficult to use, and just doesn't work".

... ? I was confused. I did exactly what he had asked for, and he never gave me suggestions on interface or ease of use. but I took his constructive critisism and tried again.

"What's wrong with the layout? it's completely different than the previous version and even more difficult to use. you should know what I want in this software".

I tried a third and final time.

"Why are you showing me this? This is not what I was asking for" .

at which point I found another job and quit 2 weeks later.

The point is, if you allege people do not produce what you want, are you sure you are SPECIFICALLY asking for it? Software Developers are 1/0 true/false yes/no people. My wife gets mad at me because she tells me to take out the trash, and I don't put a new trash bag in the can. SHE NEVER ASKS ME TO DO THAT!! she only asks me to take out the trash!!!

just something to think about I guess as opposed to saying "it sucks" or "make it look like symbian's"

The Following User Says Thank You to roger_27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post

just something to think about I guess as opposed to saying "it sucks" or "make it look like symbian's"
In this case, the OP wasn't requesting an improvement, but asking if there was another MMS program. The logical implication was that this one is a lost cause. I suppose that's one reason it struck readers as offensive.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
In this case, the OP wasn't requesting an improvement, but asking if there was another MMS program. The logical implication was that this one is a lost cause. I suppose that's one reason it struck readers as offensive.
No, it wasn't an implication it was the fact that the OP flat out said (and continues to say) that fMMS sucks and is useless. It's no wonder that such charged language would offend people.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
the tags in this thread are awesome. I say thanks to frals for doing this community a big favor with fmms. He has always been helpful to anyone emailing him for help with getting it to work. He should be applauded, not disrespected.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Ok fine...then picture SMS is better than mms since you don't have to subscribe to data plan
man... i've never even heard of such a thing... is this what you're talking about? seriously?

(if not, please feel free to provide some information. to me, MMS = picture SMS, and they always cost extra... but you live and learn )

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
man... i've never even heard of such a thing... is this what you're talking about? seriously?
it might be this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Messaging_Service

not sure though.
whatever it is, it certainly isn't something that's actually used.

EMS never really picked up due to interoperability limitations and in fact very few operators ever introduced it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
it might be this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Messaging_Service
thanks, didn't know that either.

but according to some user comments on this page, Nokia mobiles don't play well with EMS anyhow, since they seemed to have marketed their own technology at that time, called "Smart Messaging".

it's a wonder MMS has been adopted so widespread...

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
My wife gets mad at me because she tells me to take out the trash, and I don't put a new trash bag in the can. SHE NEVER ASKS ME TO DO THAT!! she only asks me to take out the trash!!!
I'd have to say that's a bug in your trash disposal routine. I'd suggest that rather than getting mad your wife should submit a bug report or perhaps even a patch. Including the bag replacement code in the trash disposal routine will allow it's use to become repeatlable without being tied to other functional untits, it's good factoring IMO.

Then again, I am but an egg.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
but asking if there was another MMS program
"... because fMMS sucks"
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
... and fMMS cannot be used for sending, receiving, forwarding or viewing MMS christmas cards (for instance, along with similar functionality). This is the killer app for MMS, and is the main reason people want MMS. Maybe people send pictures more often, I don't know but I doubt it, but it is the other things that is the must-have......
I´m highly interested. Do you mean physical letters?

So to convert your suck statement to better how about if we do table of your link:
"ETS for MMS V1.2" (pages 436-438)
"ETS for MMS V1.3"(page 232-->)

And to that table we collect X marks for different MMS clients and see how different clients handle specifications. On the same time this could be nice list for devels what could be probably done.

.edit
And btw the truth what you are living or seeing is just inside walls of your rectum. So please try to take your head out for a while at least.

Last edited by slender; 2010-11-18 at 09:11.

Tags
fmms rules, mms or pms, never happy, op is a bumder, op is a douche, op is an idiot, op is on rag, op needs a slap, op sucks, thanks frals