Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Yes, that's for sure!

Of course.
Everyone please take a look at this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=24
As I see it, you've released the game on 31st March 2011. I don't have a World-Date-Maps here right now, but it is possible that in some countries it was already the 1st April? The first April was the date we started the competition so that would mean you can enter even with the whole app, not just the porting stuff.
What does the community think? Should we allow him to enter with his maemo version?

There is also a rule, that it is possible to enter with as much apps as you like...
Shows up as 8PM BST for me which means it was as late as 9AM in the Line Islands.

We can't punish a man for circumstances of birth can we? Especially when you consider that he released his code in a rush to allow others the gift of play.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I guess you have your answer, TheBurek.
But now we want another great game from you during the competition in return!

Site update: We're working on the submitting-site at this very moment..

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
For example you could upload a .install file which points to your app in the repository.
THANKS! That is all I need... Wonderful!
You will get a hug the first time I meet you...

So now I hope I'm able so solve my little project and get rid of all problems with the installation process... Oh, I guess I have to learn a lot the next weeks.

Of course the easier you'll do the installation process, the better the user will probably vote for you.
Exactly! I think so, too.

And my App would need with only a deb file at minimum a 5 step installation manual. And I hated this notion...

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Hi,
I may aswell attempt to enter my space invaders game, though I only hacked it together to learn QML (c++ by trade hopefully I will get it in better shape by the end of June!

Just to confirm, is it ok to run the app on maemo/n900, or is meego preferred? Atm I dont have a meego dev environment set up, tho I do have meego on a (slow) sd card to experiment with on the phone, it doesnt quite count as _usable_

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by piggz View Post
Just to confirm, is it ok to run the app on maemo/n900, or is meego preferred?
The rules state that applications need to run on a device using an official build of Maemo or Meego, so your application is eligible.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Donation update:
We broke the 100€ mark!
15€ by eMiL

Thanks!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Here is a small article about a headtracking application for the iPad 2. It's sadly in german. But the videos (I'm currently unable to view those ) could explain it anyway better than words.

The Image looks very similare to what I thought about while writing my Post #35:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
I would say Fun is only for small applications and really cool ideas to impress other people. To make them laught or to wonder how it works.
There was a 3D simulation application on youtube last year from a student. He never released the code, but he used the front camera for headtracking and adjusted the screen depending of the angle to create a 3D environment inside the N900 screen. It was not a game. It was more like a tech demo. And perhaps more cooler than a iBeer Application... I saw also something like this using a Wii-Mote from Nintendo.
Edit: Perhaps someone could create a Fun application that combine Front and Back camera - so you see a simulated 3D environment (using headtracking and the front camera) and inside this 3D environment you can see your hand that is recorded with the main camera.
Okay, nothing really new. But perhaps somebody could get inspired.

A tech demo could fit into Fun and Strange. But perhaps someone has a Idea to create a Game out of this concept. I, as a new Reverstris junkie , would like to see a alternative what is able to beat it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Helmuth:
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
This is incredibly similar to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWPNN...layer_embedded
Categories:
Yes, I think we'll use these categories if nobody is against them.
At least we're developing the submitting site using these categories... It's nearly finished, but we could use some fancy graphics...

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
@b0unce3 thanks and wiki updated.
Btw I am participating just so! I am sure I am nowhere near any other applications that are or will be participating, I was thinking to release the app after adding few more features but now there's no time to do more on the calendar so just releasing it for competition.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
@b0unce3 thanks and wiki updated.
Btw I am participating just so! I am sure I am nowhere near any other applications that are or will be participating, I was thinking to release the app after adding few more features but now there's no time to do more on the calendar so just releasing it for competition.
you have time until end of june! http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeGo_Coding_C..._2011#Timeline

edit: and Joseph: you can participate in a category AND the Beginner category!
So for example you're entering Office, you can ALSO enter in Beginner!
The Beginner category is like an umbrella over all the other categories. Have to think about how to make it more obvious... On the submitting site it will be easier!

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-04-12 at 11:40.

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia