Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
It is better to ask on kernel-power thread

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
I believe it is ok to share the binary (as its LGPL) and the IPS patcher as was happening with the translations of nintendo/famicom roms somewhere in the past.

Just like the "Tweak Flash plugin Version" program does, doesn't it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@marbleuser - please do not guess, I can make guesses too :P. I need someone who feels in LGPL enough to give a definitive answer.
well, i did a search and replace using the 'bless' hex editor and my phone rebooted twice in a mini boot loop, i thought i'd bricked it. do we need to pad the replace with spaces or nulls?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Am i somewhat disabled??? Why is this working for everybody exceptme???
Still the same old md5sum mismatch here. No change, may that downloaded via wget in the script, or opera with the link from the script or Nokia's Dev page...
Maybe you are using a proxy (or there is a transparent proxy on your network that you do not know of) that has an invalid / corrupted or partly complete copy in it's cache and keeps serving you this copy... try to use a different network then.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
I do not find the way to OC DSP. Everybody help me plz....

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
@freemangordon...pls tell me the way to overclock dsp...i did it by altering dsp values in kenel power settings via leafpad but whenever i see values in x-term (kernel-config show), dsp values are not overclocked...pls help...thnks

freemangordon, if You're sure that thing You want to share here is LGPL, it's perfectly legal to put it here. The thing that allow You to do so, is license - it doesn't matter if party releasing this as LGPL published source code, or not.

In fact, Nokia is "kinda" violating LGPL here - there should be source code available alongside. I've said "kinda", cause I'm sure they will provide source at request, and publish it later in the repos.

No matter what, if it's LGPL, you can do what do You want with it, as long as You don't close source, or "burn bridges" behind You, denying from where you've got it

Waiting eagerly for camera fix!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Maybe you are using a proxy (or there is a transparent proxy on your network that you do not know of) that has an invalid / corrupted or partly complete copy in it's cache and keeps serving you this copy... try to use a different network then.
Still unlucky, but as i downloaded via 3G and got a different md5sum, i now also think that bad downloads are causing my errors, hmm! I will retry and retry and retry!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
freemangordon, if You're sure that thing You want to share here is LGPL, it's perfectly legal to put it here. The thing that allow You to do so, is license - it doesn't matter if party releasing this as LGPL published source code, or not.

In fact, Nokia is "kinda" violating LGPL here - there should be source code available alongside. I've said "kinda", cause I'm sure they will provide source at request, and publish it later in the repos.

No matter what, if it's LGPL, you can do what do You want with it, as long as You don't close source, or "burn bridges" behind You, denying from where you've got it

Waiting eagerly for camera fix!
OK, I will upload the modified binary later

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
so far these are the results...
1. Most of the youtube HD 720p mp4 and 480p flv videos are not played.
2. MKV format is not well supported.
......but anywaaayz lots of videos that were earlier not played by stock player are now easily played...
thanks freemangordon...u r a genius..

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player