Active Topics

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philippines
I got it on my SIM tray after i accidentally dropped the tray itself while chaning SIMs
Tiny, but noticable.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
IME no matter what phone you're using, no matter the OS, no matter the forum...
The vast majority of chatter will be people having problems or not happy with some aspect.
It's just the way people operate.....

However, it is true that there's quite a few bugs that are yet to be resolved, or have only just cropped-up thanks to 1.2.
Now that Nokia's winding down the amount of features they're adding, they can focus mainly on getting bugs squished.
Unfortunately they can't treat both as equally important anymore, as the team has shrunk hugely since this time last yr.

Also that lag is normal, once clean-up & re-indexing is done it'll disappear...
Generally it's only a few minutes following the first boot-up....
But it can vary hugely depending on the size of your media library, & other personal data.
thanks for responding. how do you clean up and re-index the phone?

Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
Relax, you can wrap your phone, for lagginess, clear the cache, and make sure you are on pr 1.2. Lots of very cool stuff in store for the future of this phone.
hmm. wrap my phone???

how do you clear the cache?

thanks for the assurance anyway!

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I have Finnish made black 64gb n9 that was bought from official Nokia representative and what is for sure original. Unfortunately I have dropped the phone and damaged the shell a little. I can confirm that shell is covered with some sort of lacquer or paint that has started to peal off from damaged places. It is hardly noticeable but it is there.

Last edited by Silwer; 2012-03-14 at 10:25.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pretoria, South Africa
Originally Posted by willywonka View Post

The Drop Cache app from the ovi store is able to.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
In that post I pointed to, & even in this most recent post...
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=124
He's quite clearly indicated that he's getting chipping/peeling "elsewhere".
In that post, i honestly don't see where he says it's chipping elsewhere. First line he is just pointing out that the latch is attached to the mif n9. The second line just states that he is waiting for it to peel in another spot (like the camera area). so it hasn't happened yet.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
I have Finnish made black 64gb n9 that was bought from official Nokia representative and what is for sure original. Unfortunately I have dropped the phone and damaged the shell a little. I can confirm that shell is covered with some sort of lacquer or paint that has started to peal off from damaged places. It is hardly noticeable but it is there.

Thanks for this post! Now we have one report that an "OFFICIAL" Finnish made N9 has evidence of peeling. Now how would one be able to refute that?

hmm. wrap my phone???

thanks for the assurance anyway!
Wrap it:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...03#post1176103

Drop Cache and QAD Cleaner are your best friends to take away any lag, or reboot your phone. I reboot every night before charging, did so with the n900 as well, no lag, nothing, even on pr1.2.

Edit: Twitter eats up alot of cache, FYI

Last edited by Maemomd; 2012-03-14 at 18:06.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
thanks for responding. how do you clean up and re-index the phone?
I was referring to the automatic process that occurs just after a major upgrade.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-14 at 18:12.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
In that post, i honestly don't see where he says it's chipping elsewhere. First line he is just pointing out that the latch is attached to the mif n9. The second line just states that he is waiting for it to peel in another spot (like the camera area). so it hasn't happened yet.
Certainly read that way to me, but if it hasn't then that's great news.
Few posts above someone has had it, but that's only because they've initially damaged the body.