talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1182303&postcount=474

i successfully upgraded. at last wheeew..

Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
i rebooted. after i installed bp and after i uninstalled. xorg and hildon-desktop is eating a lot of cpu.
Sometimes it is normal (I think) that battery usage is increasing for one day for example. This is happening when the device is doing some indexing of files or something like that after some of your actions. I cannot be more specific about this, I just noticed this happening from time to time in my case and after 1-2 days the battery usage is coming back to normal usage (4 mAh).

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Xorg will typically spike shortly after running something new, especially things that redraw the screen a lot (like top or Conky). It's the thing that controls the display IO. If it's staying at >20% use, or is doing so even when the display is off (and you're in via ssh) then something is doing re-draws too often. But it's typical for it to spike to 20% at times, especially when the display is active. (On mine it spikes to 20% on launch but drops to under 5% with one-second updates.)

This is clearly a process issue, which means it's probably something in user-space causing it. Please search for one of the billions of threads on how to determine what process is using your battery (I'll give you a hint, it's probably NOT Xorg) and go from there.

There's probably an app or a widget that's doing something it shouldn't do in the background. Also, avoid installing anything new other than maybe a tool you need to find out what's causing it. Installing new things (like "patches" or other "management" software) will just complicate the issue by adding more crap to the pile of things to debug.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Some process eating your CPU time? The device was not settled by the time you were trying to record the video? HAM doing updates on background?
no background heavy process is running - i just made sure again - cpu is at 3-4% with dsp enabled before starting the recording.

The stutter is VERY bad - i never had this before.

Is there a way to get a debug log while recording to see the reason?

Last edited by impeham; 2012-03-23 at 19:09.

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
can you people add double tap to unlock support in Kernel Power ? i read in a thread that default maemo kernel has no support for it.
This sounds awesome, we will include your patched accelerometer driver and open source replacement of closed tklock in CSSU as soon as you tell us the address to your GIT tree with the code.

Originally Posted by sifo View Post
HI ALL DOES INJECTION WORKING WITH POWER50 IF I HAVE INSTALLED BLEEDING EDGE DRIVER FOR ITPLZ SOME BODY ANSWER ME
I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER THE CAPSLOCK. YOU WILL HAVE TO TYPE HARDER/USE BOLD.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Katowice, Poland
Hi,

there seems to be something wrong after upgrade, I don't have CSSU configuration button anywhere and also the possibility of changing desktops by pressing left/right keybord keys is gone, too.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thank in advance

guyz i need your help please ..
nitdroid removed multiboot kp50 item ..

can someone please upload the .item file for multiboot .

much appreciated

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
SR_VDD1 and SR_VDD2 are perfectly stable with me @1000MHz. Everything works as a charm including HD encoding/decoding. Here is my kernel config:
Code:
min. frequency: 250
max. frequency: 1000
active frequencies: 250:22,180 500:32,360 720:46,520 900:56,600 1000:60,600
SmartReflex VDD1=1, VDD2=1
governor ondemand: ignore nice load= 0, up threshold= 95, sampling rate= 300000, powersave bias= 0
I still remember the old days back when our phones crashed if SR was enabled beyond 805MHz, so that's a big achievement! My HW revision is 2204. My stock battery seems to last forever!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by bAsem View Post
guyz i need your help please ..
nitdroid removed multiboot kp50 item ..

can someone please upload the .item file for multiboot .

much appreciated
Code:
apt-get install kernel-config-bootimg

Last edited by ammyt; 2012-03-23 at 17:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery test, i <3 fmg, i <3 pali, igottaboner, kernel, kernel-power, viva fmg, viva pali