Active Topics

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Venemo tweets saying that he got his device by hand at Devaamo conference. Great! Two more community developers in that event are getting their devices by hand as well, and another one will receive it by hand at the Qt Contributors Summit next week.

I have updated Venemo's entry at http://wiki.maemo.org/Summer%2712_De...jects#Accepted with '''DONE'''. Please update your entries as you get the devices, so we all know who is still missing. Thank you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
New Apps for Nokia Store activity is completed.

Next week I will be busy traveling and organizing Qt Contributors Summit. I wouldn't want to be the bottleneck processing data and therefore I have asked all participants to send me their developer.nokia.com ID asap.

Hopefully the selection for the community awards and the recopilation of data can be done quickly as well. With Finnish Mid Summer coming, July's beginning of holidays of many and the sudden announcements I really want to have the first 75 devices on their way asap.

Don't worry about the 25 of the Coding Competition. Regardless of what happens their distribution is assured.

Council members, for the Community Awards data the best would be a spreadhseet with these columns:

Full name - developer.nokia.com ID - email - N9 or N950

Remember that all those users need to have their postal details and phone number in their developer.nokia.com profile!

Thank you.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by qgil View Post

Hopefully the selection for the community awards and the recopilation of data can be done quickly as well. With Finnish Mid Summer coming, July's beginning of holidays of many and the sudden announcements I really want to have the first 75 devices on their way asap.

Don't worry about the 25 of the Coding Competition. Regardless of what happens their distribution is assured.

Council members, for the Community Awards data the best would be a spreadhseet with these columns:

Full name - developer.nokia.com ID - email - N9 or N950

Remember that all those users need to have their postal details and phone number in their developer.nokia.com profile!

Thank you.
Council doesn't necessarily have every Community Award winner's email. Wouldn't their email necessarily be in their developer.nokia.com ID? If so, it would be faster if we just left that information out of the spreadsheet. Will that work OK?

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Council doesn't necessarily have every Community Award winner's email. Wouldn't their email necessarily be in their developer.nokia.com ID? If so, it would be faster if we just left that information out of the spreadsheet. Will that work OK?
Yes, that's ok.

I have it because people ar sending me the details via email and it's a useful way to solve cases if there is any problem with the username itself.

PS: also they made the nominations through the mailing list, so retrieving the emails should be feasible. But again: not required:

Last edited by qgil; 2012-06-17 at 07:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I think we should be able to get all emails from their self submissions to the community list.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I think we should be able to get all emails from their self submissions to the community list.
The question isn't whether we can get the emails; the question is what way will be the fastest?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
qgil, in what form (service) devices will be send? It is possible, to give winners at least rough estimation of delivery date?

It's summer = holidays, and it would be pity, if some devices would travel back to Finland, because someone got 2 weeks vacations

Thanks in advance,

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Many Qt 5 and Nokia Store activities participants have received their devices already.

I recommend you to send me the data available for the Community Awards without waiting to the last guy. This way we can process faster the devices of those that answered faster.

Getting all the data next week (June) is definitely better than getting it a week after (July), but still we will be delivering devices on that month (as we did last year with the N950 program).

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Many Qt 5 and Nokia Store activities participants have received their devices already.

I recommend you to send me the data available for the Community Awards without waiting to the last guy. This way we can process faster the devices of those that answered faster.

Getting all the data next week (June) is definitely better than getting it a week after (July), but still we will be delivering devices on that month (as we did last year with the N950 program).
i would suggest you to read http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85003 btw, there is a lot offtopic there. But few important points are made. As i'm not sure if Estel is worried about others getting device, or himself getting device as quick as possible, before more people speak up.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
qgil, in what form (service) devices will be send? It is possible, to give winners at least rough estimation of delivery date?
Nokia Developer Logistics sends devices via DHL Express. You usually get a notification mail with a tracking ID, and (if you're in Europe) it will usually arrive at your door within 24 hours after leaving Helsinki.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post: