Active Topics

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Originally Posted by saleki View Post
or make calls?!
I thought geeks had no friends to call! Or did you mean mom?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Serbia
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
panta rei. geeks are very popular nowdays

The Following User Says Thank You to saleki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The situation with Nokia & Harmattan is unfortunately worse, as the responsible people have left the house, and I assume that all r&d infrastructure has been dismantled.

Consider this:
  • The source code may not be available in any usable form; even if it is stored in some repository the meaningful way to build it into packages may be lost
  • The toolchains and EE (Engineering Environment) is propably lost, has been dismantled and is no longer recoverable
  • The automatic test environment (servers, scripts, test cases, etc) has been dismantled and is no longer recoverable
  • all the other things I cannot even imagine
The day Elop announced burning platforms was the day Meego was put on death-row (and also the reason I never bought an N9, I knew it wouldn't be properly supported). After PR 1.3 was released, Meego was irreparably damaged during the great cull of September 2012. I was talking to a guy a few months ago who worked as a tester for Nokia and he confirmed the same thing. There's no one left to fix bugs.

He told me another interesting story. Back in 2011 and just before burning platforms, he said there was a remarkable amount of Stockholm Syndrome in Nokia. Apparently the Symbian teams were positive that they would be kept and that Meego was going to be axed. The Meego team thought that they were the future and that it was Symbian that was getting canned. Everyone though that Series 40 was finished, it was the oldest and crappiest OS of them all. Everyone ended up being caught by surprise!

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
The day Elop announced burning platforms was the day Meego was put on death-row (and also the reason I never bought an N9, I knew it wouldn't be properly supported)
Yes, but you might be surprised that people still want N9, and last week a friend of mine who has been looking for a new N9 a long time found that they had 3 unopened boxes in a cupboard behind some lumia 800's at a Sonera store in Oulu.

He immediately bought one and texted me to brag about his findings

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Yes, but you might be surprised that people still want N9....
I share the same sentiments. I had to settle for a 2nd hand 64GB though. I showed some of friends the phone, and one found it to be interesting and seemed to want it as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to n0x For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
No friends? I have lots of friends btw, and they all call me If you are that desperate.. Then that's awkward :O

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
It's over 1000

Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
It's over 1000
Only 1000..??
I thought N9 had sold millions..About Sailfish OS i thing it's tragic..I was expecting something better from all these brilliant people who used to work for Nokia..
Anyway apparently,as much as i like my N9,i have to admit that it was a waste of my money..Never again bying Nokia products except if they go with Android or come up with a new exciting OS..

How about asking for sources of harmattan? Since they won't bug fix themselves, we can do it right? They released the symbian source before.. Why not maemo or harmattan?

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Only 1000..??
I thought N9 had sold millions..About Sailfish OS i thing it's tragic..I was expecting something better from all these brilliant people who used to work for Nokia..
Anyway apparently,as much as i like my N9,i have to admit that it was a waste of my money..Never again bying Nokia products except if they go with Android or come up with a new exciting OS..
The petition is only 5 days old, let it grow...

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:

Tags
donteventryto, nokia n9, sh1ts given: 0, sigs: 3000, wontfix