I wanted to ask about sailfish instalation i did everything like in the tutorial (here) but in the 7 step where you have to decompres the sailfish in ome places it showed me error (something about lack of permisions, ofc i did everything with devel-su) i did everything with openmode kernel redid everything after first failure( i mean completely reflashed ) but still same proble i noticed in ubi log that it lacked file "bzimage" so i manuoly transported it there now it loads sailfish and frozes on black screen, any ideas ? (btw 1.0.2.5 r5.1 sailfish version)

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by ciburator View Post
I wanted to ask about sailfish instalation i did everything like in the tutorial (here) but in the 7 step where you have to decompres the sailfish in ome places it showed me error (something about lack of permisions, ofc i did everything with devel-su) i did everything with openmode kernel redid everything after first failure( i mean completely reflashed ) but still same proble i noticed in ubi log that it lacked file "bzimage" so i manuoly transported it there now it loads sailfish and frozes on black screen, any ideas ? (btw 1.0.2.5 r5.1 sailfish version)
Check if the file is named sailfish.tar.bz2 instead of sailfish.bz2

I made the same mistake. The .tar needs to be at the end of the file in windows (assuming you have file extensions hidden). If you do, it should read sailfish.tar in the windows explorer. On linux I believe it shows extensions by default, so it should look like sailfish.tar.bz2.

Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
Check if the file is named sailfish.tar.bz2 instead of sailfish.bz2

I made the same mistake. The .tar needs to be at the end of the file in windows (assuming you have file extensions hidden). If you do, it should read sailfish.tar in the windows explorer. On linux I believe it shows extensions by default, so it should look like sailfish.tar.bz2.

The file is "sailfish.tar.bz2" and in windows it shows as winrar, i duoble checked it and tried decompresing diferent version same output.

Last edited by ciburator; 2014-01-20 at 05:19.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Whats the error?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
i noticed in ubi log that it lacked file "bzimage" so i manuoly transported it there now it loads sailfish and frozes on black screen, any ideas ? (btw 1.0.2.5 r5.1 sailfish version)
The SailfishOS filesystem tarball includes all files in their correct location.
If you are missing something, like the kernel image (bzimage) and need to copy that off from somewhere else, then the odds are good that you also are missing other files, hence the problems.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The SailfishOS filesystem tarball includes all files in their correct location.
If you are missing something, like the kernel image (bzimage) and need to copy that off from somewhere else, then the odds are good that you also are missing other files, hence the problems.
But i think problem is in openmode kernel somehow it still doesnt give all permisions thats why most of tar extracts but but main piece cant. Everything went smoothly exept 7 step(sailfish installation).

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
But i think problem is in openmode kernel somehow it still doesnt give all permisions thats why most of tar extracts but but main piece cant. Everything went smoothly exept 7 step(sailfish installation).
I think there was some problem in the Harmattan version of tar when handling large gzipped files.
Have you tried gunzipping the filesystem image on an external computer, and then only extracting the uncompressed tar archive in your device?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I think there was some problem in the Harmattan version of tar when handling large gzipped files.
Have you tried gunzipping the filesystem image on an external computer, and then only extracting the uncompressed tar archive in your device?
Yes i tried thats how i managed to insert bzimage ,but in computer it doesnt extract full because it has to compile some of the files so it throws errors...

I did the decompressing in Harmattan PR1.3 and it went smoothly.

Also notice that Sailfish doesn't have bootlogo and it takes some time to load...

Managed to make it work and as always its was stupid mistake(after moslo kernel i formated partinion ...) everything works now...
Stil thaks for effort

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish