Active Topics

Originally Posted by chilango View Post
Koneschno, but let me dreaming
Nokia was always best Hardware. But Windows is an nogo for me.

So we need an hack-software like freetz or speed2fritz for the German Fritzbox. It can make from 2 Firmware of 2 different Hardware a new FW with the new futures from the FW of new Hardware to going to work on older Hardware. The old driver where be tranfered in the new Firmware
Say what? You lost me at Koneschno

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Say what? You lost me at Koneschno
Dude clearly isn't human. He's not talking English.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
it's 'sure' Russian, as any East German had to learn

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Great Don Falcone

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Human ...yes...English...no
I believe he is saying "Of course, but let me dream"
Dude seemed to use a whole lot more words than that. It looked like word salad to me. Ponderous, man. Ponderous!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Anyone seen that one?

http://www.unwiredview.com/2013/06/2...ob-after-2012/

Last edited by don_falcone; 2013-06-20 at 07:19.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Doesn't really tell us anything new. For a long time, it's been clear that Nokia have being trying to tout themselves to Microsoft. The problem is that Nokia have done such a good job that Microsoft no longer see the point in buying them. Nokia are already a Microsoft lap-dop and its too late to starting looking at Android.

And the deal failed. Nokia and Microsoft couldn't complete the deal. I think that's fairly "new".

Another less opiniated (not saying I don't agree with the opinion 100%) source: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000....html?mod=e2tw

I'll have to mention the number of times where TMO members theorized that Elop was trying to sell off Nokia to Microsoft. Really. Yes, he was.

And then I have to point out that, as quoted from the unwiredview link above:

Stephen Elop couldn’t justify the new low offer to his board and Nokia walked away from the talks.
I can and will choose to read this as the end of the Elop/Microsoft strategy. This is what Elop's Nokia has been working for all along. From he got warm in his chair, possibly even from the board started looking for candidates for the chair. But now the board has found the price too steep, and this seems to be the end.

I believe this is the end of Elops reign at that. He's been hired to do a job, he tried to do the job, the result was horrible. Can't see they'll bother to find "new tasks" for him now.

Last edited by volt; 2013-06-20 at 15:14.

And chilango clairly said
"Imagine the wonders if we could have custom firmware, like on routers (i.e. the FritzBox router). " I can't believe you didn't understand that ;p

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It might happen after all. It might be closer than we think.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha