It all depends on how much you commonly need to type. For some cases - touchscreen is enough. But if you need it often - it's becoming annoying. Especially if autocorrection is out of question.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-09-23 at 17:32.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I guess i am the only one who does not want a physical keyboard?

I have typed on N900 and i did like it but N900 is too think if they could get a qwerty keyboard in a size factor thinner than N900 then yes i would like it!

N950 is way slimmer than N900. Something along those lines would be great. Rich Green once called it - "elegant hardware".

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I guess i am the only one who does not want a physical keyboard?
Nope, you're not alone. I despise them for the most part because it usually means I have to be quite accurate at hitting a less forgiving, physical target to type out something and all of my hints/replacements still happen on the screen and I have to reach up to hit that.

I'm not a fan unless they're done incredibly well of hardware keyboards. I personally didn't find the N950 all that "perfect".

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Nothing can top Ctrl-Shift-cursor_keys for quick selection, and actually feeling where keys are. Try that with your crappy softkeybd's and their 'selection arrows'.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Nothing can top Ctrl-Shift-cursor_keys for quick selection, and actually feeling where keys are. Try that with your crappy softkeybd's and their 'selection arrows'.
Honestly, if I'm using commands in a terminal that require me to admin a machine, I've long shifted to an external bluetooth keyboard to expedite those type of things.

Nothing like catching a finger cramp trying hit a chiclet sized set of keys to admin my servers whereas it's easier to pull out a slightly bigger keyboard when it's needed.

It's rare enough that I'm out in the field to require such an activity, but when I do, I use a bluetooth keyboard now. But that's just me. I rarely require that now, just delegate that to somebody still in the office now.

I do get what you're saying, and agree actually. But I've personally given up wanting to do all of that stuff on my phone. Tablets are better suited for me (full pentesting suite on my tablet helped with that decision).

Last edited by gerbick; 2012-09-23 at 18:57.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
if jolla moves to the world of keyboards, they can easly be market leaders in that area since very few alternatives are available. At least in some parts of the world. They are going for low hanging fruit!

Yep. The "black sheep" method can actually work against some brain dead market assumptions.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
That is the first time he talks about n900 like that. Can we really belive jolla actuall pull that keyboard off?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Just wait and see.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla