Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey all.

Where in the world do I enable call waiting in my settings?

I'm seriously not seeing it anywhere, and yeah, I've Googled this question and can't find a simple answer.

Also, anyone try a conference call? There seems to be mixed opinions on if this works.

I heart all over this new QT version. :swoon:

One thing, texting a long message, after it being sent, it will appear to run off the screen unless you refresh.

Also, where's the notifications Ed?

Am I supposed to run this along with TOR?

Thanks!

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I heart all over this new QT version. :swoon:
Glad to hear. I'm much more pleased both with the UI and code, though I would welcome suggestions for making it even better.

One thing, texting a long message, after it being sent, it will appear to run off the screen unless you refresh.
I'm not too sure if I'm picturing this right. So let me go through the steps of what happen and see if I can get an idea of where this text appears and what all it contains.
  1. You select a text to respond to
  2. New window opens
  3. You enter very long text
  4. You press send
  5. Everything gets disabled and you see a message stating that it is being sent
  6. The window disappears and you are no back looking at the texts tab which should not have changed.

Also, where's the notifications Ed?

Am I supposed to run this along with TOR?

Thanks!
Yeah, I've never gotten around to putting that back in, hoping that that feature could go away and die peacefully unnoticed

Maybe I'll go and put it back in. If you could file a bug report of that feature missing, it would help me to keep track of it so I don't forget.

Is this something that is important enough that I should not promote the Qt version to extras until it is in? If so, I think I'll only do that for Maemo 4.1 since that seems to be where the feature gets the most use.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Yeah, love the new look!

It's so clean and fresh! Super job!

Okay. My first text that I typed was long. After it was sent, it appeared to run off the screen.

Also, there have been times when I send a message, and after I refresh, it still doesn't show. It will only appear after someone responds back.

Notifications is such a must. That's by far my favorite feature.

On my N800, I can't double click on a message to respond. I click on it and have to use the center D-Pad. No biggie.

Refresh is Menu Key, D-Pad down, D-Pad right, D-Pad down, D-Pad middle... unless there's an easier way.

I have about 4,500 messages that's probably still sitting in my trash bin. I could pull those and place them back into my inbox if you would like me to do some stress tests.

Other than that, you and I could text each other if there's some things you want to check. I seriously have nothing going on today and would love to hear from you again if you're bored.

Thank you Ed!

Yeah, love the new look!

It's so clean and fresh! Super job!
The impressive thing is I didn't change much from the original look when rewriting, but just a lot of little things here and there.

My main disappointment is that on the n8x0 the tabs icon sizes seem to be stuck small. I've not found a way to override that yet.

Okay. My first text that I typed was long. After it was sent, it appeared to run off the screen.
I was hoping for some more precise language so to leave little room for misunderstanding. At which "after" point, according to that list I image? Which screen and which part of the screen did it "appear" on?

Also, there have been times when I send a message, and after I refresh, it still doesn't show. It will only appear after someone responds back.
My guess would be either it is hitting up a slow to update server or the method I'm using to get messages. I know I've had TOR give me texts that took some more time after that to show up on the GV website.

Notifications is such a must. That's by far my favorite feature.
Be sure to file a bug on it so I don't forget

On my N800, I can't double click on a message to respond. I click on it and have to use the center D-Pad. No biggie.
I just tried out my n810. At some points in DCs history you had to click to select and then click to activate. At others it might have been single click or double click. Right now it is double click. My first try I was too slow and didn't get it but then did some experimentation on it.

Refresh is Menu Key, D-Pad down, D-Pad right, D-Pad down, D-Pad middle... unless there's an easier way.
Even if you have a keyboard, for some reason Ctrl+r hasn't been working for me.

I've been trying to figure out how I could put refresh into the UI. I don't think I can do a double tap or hold on the tabs anymore. Maybe a small refresh button (icon only) to the right of the combo boxes / touch selectors? I worry that might provide too much conflict.

I have about 4,500 messages that's probably still sitting in my trash bin. I could pull those and place them back into my inbox if you would like me to do some stress tests.
If it isn't too much trouble I'd love to hear if this version handles that stress test better. There could be room for optimizations if performance is an issue. I didn't spend too much time on runtime performance because it wasn't too much of an issue. My main two concerns were first start and switching to a tab for the first time (I delay initialize a lot so that is why it isn't snappy)

Let's see here.

I can't fire up DC in full screen like before.

I do like the small tabs. I think they're super cute!

I'll take a couple of screenshots so you'll have a better understanding of what I'm seeing on my end rather than typing it out.

Poops.

DC is kind of broken for me now.

If I go to contacts, highlight a friend, and either double click or D-Pad enter key to text someone, the screen flashes 4 to 5 times and then remains on the contacts screen still.

Not sure what I did.

In one of my contacts, I have my friend's mobile number first and then her home phone number second in Google Voice.

For some reason, it tried sending it to her home phone number and I got an "Error: this message was not successfully delivered".

Now, any contact I try to pull up no longer works for me.

Not sure if there's a connection on this but thought I should mention it anyway.

And yeah, I deleted all of my inbox history on the google.com/voice webpage so I don't know how to get DC back to working again.

EDIT: Killing DC and refiring it again corrected the problem. Weird.

Last edited by Addison; 2011-01-02 at 01:44.

Poops.

DC is kind of broken for me now.

If I go to contacts, highlight a friend, and either double click or D-Pad enter key to text someone, the screen flashes 4 to 5 times and then remains on the contacts screen still.

Not sure what I did.

In one of my contacts, I have my friend's mobile number first and then her home phone number second in Google Voice.

For some reason, it tried sending it to her home phone number and I got an "Error: this message was not successfully delivered".

Now, any contact I try to pull up no longer works for me.

Not sure if there's a connection on this but thought I should mention it anyway.

And yeah, I deleted all of my inbox history on the google.com/voice webpage so I don't know how to get DC back to working again.

EDIT: Killing DC and refiring it again corrected the problem. Weird.
Please send me the log so I can see if there is anything odd in causing this.

Let's see here.

I can't fire up DC in full screen like before.
Oops, broke fullscreen recently. I'm not posting an update until you send me that log (since updating clears the log)

Okay.

Here's the log Ed.

dialcentral.log.txt

Okay.

Here's the log Ed.

Attachment 16682
Hmm, somethines not right. That was a log for DC 1.1.13-0 (GTK)